Thread: Fed official flags stimulus taper is near

Fed official flags stimulus taper is near

The US Federal Reserve will probably reduce its massive bond-buying stimulus program later this year, and depending on the economic data could do so as early as next month, a top Fed official who is typically among the most dovish policymakers says.

"We are quite likely to reduce the flow of purchases rate starting later this year - I couldn't tell you exactly which month that will be - and it's likely to wind down over time in a couple or few stages," Charles Evans, president of the Chicago Federal Reserve Bank, told reporters at the regional Fed bank's headquarters overnight.

Asked if he would rule out starting the cutbacks next month, Mr Evans said he "clearly" would not, becoming the third Fed official in two days to suggest a September pullback is on the table.

Fed policymakers, who last week voted to continue the central bank's $US85 billion-a-month bond-buying program, next gather to discuss policy on September 17 and 18.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/world...#ixzz2bIf9OdQF

As they say in tha hood, "this shit about to get real."

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Look for this to happen after the mid terms.

I expect the repubs to make some gains, and this will generate a negative reaction on Wall st. thus showing the plebes how bad they are...

Helicopter Ben has been saying this was coming but no one seems to want to put their name and date on it just yet. My guess is profits are being generated due to he threat being leveraged, and when no more profit can be wrung out they will pull the plug on the stimulus supply. Maybe Ben will let the next fed chief take the fall.