Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Year on Mars

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1 Patriot-of-many View Post
    I wish there was a like button on this site.
    Lets see if I got this right, you want to like button, the idea of Krupski banging someone?
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Lets see if I got this right, you want to like button, the idea of Krupski banging someone?
    Why not?

On another note... have you heard of the "Kerbal Space Program"?

It's a REALLY cool game. It runs on PC, MAC and Linux.

They have a free demo and the full game only costs $23.00

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/

You get a large selection of parts (propulsion, structural, guidance, aerodynamic, etc..) and grab them with the mouse and build a rocket.

For example, you grab a "command module" first, then put a parachute on top. Add a guidance package, RCS thrusters and a separator ring. Then add a large fuel tank and rocket engine, another separator ring, a larger tank and engine, etc... then take your creation to the launch pad and try it.

The simulation is very realistic. There are gravity effects, aerodynamic drag effects (including a marginal design failing at Max-Q!). You can go into orbit, do orbital transfers, fly to the moon or other planets, calculate engine burns to get to different places.

It's a blast. I'm hooked on the darn thing.

You can even make "absurd" things like lay a fuel tank on it's side, stick on wings and a tail, add an engine and make it fly like an airplane.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Interesting. I've got a budding teen engineer who will probably like that one.

I'm not much on computer or video games, I'm more of the woodworking type, but my son's certainly enjoy them.
    Returns June 3rd.

Urban Ghosts has a pretty good spread today on some old space stuff.

http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2013...space-centres/
    Go to an old rocket site or astronaut training ground and you feel as if you’ve stepped into the ruins of the future. Across Europe and the States, broken fragments of our bygone space age litter the countryside – half-forgotten relics of a more romantic time. Here we guide you around the 8 most awe-inspiring monuments to our abandoned dreams:
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    The September issue of Popular Science has an article on the Reaction Engines and the Skylon craft...if anyone is interested.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12