Thread: Airmen Punished for Objecting to Gay Marriage

Airmen Punished for Objecting to Gay Marriage

“I was relieved of my position because I don’t agree with my commander’s position on gay marriage,” Senior Master Sgt. Phillip Monk told Fox News. “We’ve been told that if you publicly say that homosexuality is wrong, you are in violation of Air Force policy.”

The Liberty Institute is representing the Christian airman in case the Pentagon decides to retaliate.

“Are we going to have a ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ policy for Christians so we don’t get harassed for our beliefs?” attorney Hiram Sasser asked Fox News. “Here’s a guy who wants to have his religious liberty and serve in the military. He shouldn’t have to believe in gay marriage in order to serve.”

A spokesperson for Lackland Air Force Base public affairs told Fox News Monk was not punished and that he was simply at the end of his assignment.

“They did have a disagreement, but supposedly, they agreed to disagree,” the spokesperson told Fox News. “But the wing commander said there was no punishment.

Monk has served as a first sergeant at Lackland Air Force Base in San Antonio since 2011. He recently returned from a deployment and discovered he had a new commander – an open lesbian.

“In one of our first meetings, she was talking about her promotion and she mentioned something about a benediction,” Monk told Fox News. “She said she wanted a chaplain but objected to one particular chaplain that she called a bigot because he preached that homosexuality is a sin.”

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes...-marriage.html

He shouldn’t have to believe in gay marriage in order to serve
    He doesn't have to believe in it, or agree with it, he just can't publicly speak out against it.

Just like he can't publicly speak out against people because of their religion, ethnicity, or gender.

It's the military, learn what topics to avoid in public or find yourself having problems.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Queer is the new black.
    Returns June 3rd.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Read the article and it says he decided to go on leave. Nothing about any punishment.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell