Thread: Wasr-10 Before and after!

Red face Wasr-10 Before and after!

So got all of my new parts on today. Took a good 2 hours of filling and grinding the top hand guard, but got it on nice and snug. Next test is to take it out and put some rounds threw her.
    Well here the pics, let me know what you guys think. This is my first gun I ever did work too and my first ak.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Did it start out with plastic or wood?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Did it start out with plastic or wood?
    Wood.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Looks good. I have to be honest though, I am a sucker for wood, and so is my wife. She is alright with my hunting guns but not excited with my AR. We were walking around a gun show one day and I had stopped at a table of AKs and SKSs. She says "you should get one of those". I looked around to see what she could be talking about and couldn't find it so I asked her which one. She pointed to an AK, the one displayed without the magazine, and says, "look at that wood, it is so beautiful". Once I told here about the magazine she was not nearly so impressed, but she did tell me she liked it better than my AR.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

He had a badly fitted fore grip...

I like the new stock set. I usually prefer wood on my AKs but that is an improvement.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Nice looking AK. However, I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to AK's and I prefer wood over plastic.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Added a fore end vertical grip today. Looks sweet and feels great.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think the wood looked better. Opinions are just opinions though.
    Last edited by Russbirch; 08-19-2013 at 08:21 AM. Reason: Too harsh!

Well I like it.

If I had a Russian or Norinco I would leave it wood or upgrade the wood. But it's a lil wasr.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Looks good. I have to be honest though, I am a sucker for wood, and so is my wife.
    Hey, it's okay these days to be "out" about one's sexual preferences.

Maybe the two of you can find a switch hitter for a little menage a trois. It's all good, nowadays.

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

^LMAO!!
    I myself also prefer wood stocks, even on a WASR. But it doesn't look horrible. I don't like how your top rail extends past the hand guard itself, and I don't see why you didn't go all the way and put a collapsible stock on it, but if you like it and you're comfortable with it, more power to ya. Enjoy the shit out of it man.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKxMANxCAM View Post
    If I had a Russian or Norinco I would leave it wood or upgrade the wood. But it's a lil wasr.
    what brand quadrail do you have on it?
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I'm very old fashioned. I like my military firearms wood and steel. I do own one plastic stocked rifle though, a New England Firearms single shot 22 Hornet.
    But you know what? Each of us is free to do with our own guns whatever we wish. If'n you want plastic tactical stuff, buy it!
    My WASR 10 came with the laminated wood stocks, but I really don't like that vertical fore grip. Since it's an AK I was thinking about taking a hand saw to the lower handguard.
    Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, Vietnam Veterans of America, American Legion, AMVETS, Society of the 5th Infantry Division

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Quote Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
    I'm very old fashioned. I like my military firearms wood and steel. I do own one plastic stocked rifle though, a New England Firearms single shot 22 Hornet.
    But you know what? Each of us is free to do with our own guns whatever we wish. If'n you want plastic tactical stuff, buy it!
    My WASR 10 came with the laminated wood stocks, but I really don't like that vertical fore grip. Since it's an AK I was thinking about taking a hand saw to the lower handguard.
    My 2 cents. Agree with you that your are free to do as you like with your rifles, but you state you like military firearms of wood and steel, and using that criteria, the WASR-10, a commercial variation of the Romanian AKM is correct with the lower handguard having a carved in lower grip. They weren't aftermarket, they were factory issue Romanian mil-spec.

I can see having a vertical fore grip on a select fire weapon to aid in controlability in full auto. But on a semi they are just awkward, at least for me.
    And if besieged by mutant zombies in the middle of a mag change it would be awfully hard to properly bayonet fight since the forend could not be properly held. (OK, I threw that part in )
    Like I said, I'm old school - my stateside US Army issue weapon was an M-14.
    Member: Veterans of Foreign Wars, Vietnam Veterans of America, American Legion, AMVETS, Society of the 5th Infantry Division

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Can't help but love the M-14!!!