Thread: Texas Pastor Open Carries Rifle to raise awareness

Texas Pastor Open Carries Rifle to raise awareness

Pastor carries rifle in Hunstville to raise awareness of open carry laws

Holcomb said the reason he took the walk through Huntsville and through several private businesses was to educate people about Texas open carry laws and how he, and thousands of other gun rights activists, would like to see Texas law changed.

Texas is not an “open carry” state. You cannot legally in Texas, like you can in the state of Virginia for example, carry a handgun openly on your hip. Texas law states the handgun must be concealed under your clothing.
    http://www.kens5.com/news/Pastor-car...219998901.html

I wasn't aware of this, but there's a group of folks here in Texas that are really pushing for open carry.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Roadhouse Groupee

So you if you carry it has to be concealed carry? can any citizen carry? if the answer to both questions is yes . . WTF is the problem?

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by samiam View Post
    So you if you carry it has to be concealed carry? can any citizen carry? if the answer to both questions is yes . . WTF is the problem?
    Because its hot in the south and during the summer time its hard to conceal shit.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Here in MI you need a license to carry concealed. But if you can legally buy a small arm, you can carry it openly with no license.....makes perfect sense

I do feel for you guys in TX. Having to make sure it is 100% concealed all the time, would drive me nuts.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by samiam View Post

In Texas, if you want to carry a handgun it must be concealed, and you MUST have a license to carry it. We've had several attempts to get constitutional open carry through the legislature but never made it to a vote. Texas legislature only meets every two years. The last two sessions we had the votes to pass it, and the Governor said he'd sign it, but we ran out of time and the bill never made it to the floor for a vote. It's been very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    I do feel for you guys in TX. Having to make sure it is 100% concealed all the time, would drive me nuts.
    I can be a problem during summer when the temp hits triple digits. I've gone to just using a fanny pack. It's one of the good ones made for concealed carry BUT, it's still a fanny pack for crying out loud.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Pastor carries rifle in Hunstville to raise awareness of open carry laws

http://www.kens5.com/news/Pastor-car...219998901.html

I wasn't aware of this, but there's a group of folks here in Texas that are really pushing for open carry.
    I hope you guys get it...because open carry is great.

Guns Network Lifetime Member #2

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    In Texas, if you want to carry a handgun it must be concealed, and you MUST have a license to carry it. We've had several attempts to get constitutional open carry through the legislature but never made it to a vote. Texas legislature only meets every two years. The last two sessions we had the votes to pass it, and the Governor said he'd sign it, but we ran out of time and the bill never made it to the floor for a vote. It's been very frustrating.
    That is bizarre, I think of Texas as one of the free states. I'm in one of the most Communist states in the US, we have a carry permit. Open or concealed your call.