Thread: New ZT inbound!!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Thumbs up New ZT inbound!!

Been wanting a ZT 0300 for a long time, just never got one. Was checking out Kershawguy's website last night and spotted this 0300 blackwash.

http://kershawguy.com/products-page/...0-new-product/

Emailed Dave and his overstock price is $199 shipped. Sunday is my birthday so figured now was as good a time as any to order one. This isn't my first ZT, I've got probably close to a dozen but the 0300 is kinda like the granddaddy of a lot of ZT's designs. Supposed to be one hella strong folder. Will try and post some pics when it arrives.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

I know people are into knives but ... man that's as much as a rifle! I can read your "Enthusiasm" for the prospect of getting it. Enjoy my friend!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

New ZT inbound!!

That Blackwash finish looks great! That style of ZT hasn't really caught my interest yet, but out of the colorations I've seen, that one probably looks best. The limited edition Nutnfancy commemorative ZTs in funky orange and purple looked pretty good too though.

Scheutz, I can just about guarantee that the materials and build quality in this knife is going to far exceed any $200 rifle.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    That Blackwash finish looks great! That style of ZT hasn't really caught my interest yet, but out of the colorations I've seen, that one probably looks best. The limited edition Nutnfancy commemorative ZTs in funky orange and purple looked pretty good too though.

Scheutz, I can just about guarantee that the materials and build quality in this knife is going to far exceed any $200 rifle.
    Yeah, with titanium, 3D G10 scales and S30v this model has a lot of nice features/materials that add to the price. Should be a real tank and I think I'll like the blackwash finish more than the standard black coating they use. Won't show wear as quickly. About the only thing I don't like on a lot of the ZT models is the pocket clip. It works fine and all it just looks kind of small.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

I wish I had the cash, but I caught a nail on my bike, had to get a new tire. There goes $200.
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Kill a deer with the knife when it is 100 yards away and you might have a valid comparison. A knife cuts things up close and I can do that quite well with a $20 buck knife.

New ZT inbound!!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Kill a deer with the knife when it is 100 yards away and you might have a valid comparison. A knife cuts things up close and I can do that quite well with a $20 buck knife.
    If you say so.

I'll never be satisfied with $20 chinese knives ever again.

And the only $200 rifle I want is 10/22 or mosin nagant. And from what I can tell, you spend a lot more than $200 on your rifles anyway.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Collecting knives is the same as collecting guns. If we only bought just enough to get the job done it would be pretty boring and probably wouldn't lead to a collection in the first place. Everyone has something they have a passion for and I think that's ok.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Just got home and my new 0300BW was waiting for me in the mailbox. ETA was tomorrow which would have been pretty good for Priority Mail but this was sent 1st class so getting it today was an even better surprise. Knife is very, very nice. Love the faded look on the blade and frame lock side of the scales. Very smooth action, centered blade, sharp, solid 50% lockup with no play at all. This bad boy is going into my pocket right now! Thunderstorm going through at the moment so pics will have to wait until later this weekend.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Awesome!

I'm looking forward to pics.

Awesome!

I'm looking forward to pics.
    Will try and get some tomorrow morning or Sunday. I've got all my ZT's I can find laid out, 0200, 0560, 0300BW, 0550, three 0350 and a couple of Tyrades. I know they Tyrades are Kershaw not ZT but IIRC KAI had some ZT blade blanks left over and used them for these Tyrades so they are kind of kissing cousins. Besides the Tyrades, (one with orange G10 the other is the framelock Ti model) just look sweeeeet!

I've been collecting ZT for years as I find one that attracts my fancy but here lately there have been more and more of them that I like so they are starting to fill a larger portion of my collection. No where near what my Bucks or Spydercos account for but they are starting to add up. Seems like I have a couple more ZT's some place just gotta find them so I might have more by the time I get some pics taken.
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

Here are some photos of my new 0300 BW as well as a group photo of my various other ZT models. If you have any questions about any particular knife please let me know which one and I'll provide as much info as I can.

USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

One of those looks familiar. I just thought it was a bit on the big size for pocket carry.

Quote Originally Posted by vit View Post
    One of those looks familiar. I just thought it was a bit on the big size for pocket carry.
    I bet it does. It's one of my larger folders but I have a dedicated pocket for my EDC so it's not at all bad since nothing else shares space with it. It's coming up for it's turn at daily carry shortly. Carried the new 0300 until yesterday then swapped it for my 0560 (the one just above it in the group photos).
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068