Thread: Has anybody else seen this movie?

Question Has anybody else seen this movie?

There was a movie I taped last week and watched over the weekend, called "Delete".
    It was apparently a TV miniseries (according to IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316306/) from 2 years ago. Starred Matt (Max Headroom) Frewer, Ryan Robbins (Henry from SyFy's "Sanctuary" series), and Seth Green.
    Here's the storyline:
    Delete imagines a disaster in our all-too-fragile digital world where the web becomes dangerously self-aware with one systematic purpose, to destroy mankind. Faced with possible extinction, there is only one way out - create a second artificial intelligence, just as alive, just as intelligent and just as dangerous.
    Considering all the cyber attacks going on now all over the world, it makes me wonder, not so much about an AI coming into being and causing this but some kind of "super-virus" and reeking all kinds of havoc with infrastructure. Some of the mob action scenes as banks closed, power and water shut down, etc., were very realistically done.
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTHunter View Post
    There was a movie I taped last week and watched over the weekend, called "Delete".
    It was apparently a TV miniseries (according to IMDB - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316306/) from 2 years ago. Starred Matt (Max Headroom) Frewer, Ryan Robbins (Henry from SyFy's "Sanctuary" series), and Seth Green.
    Here's the storyline:

Considering all the cyber attacks going on now all over the world, it makes me wonder, not so much about an AI coming into being and causing this but some kind of "super-virus" and reeking all kinds of havoc with infrastructure. Some of the mob action scenes as banks closed, power and water shut down, etc., were very realistically done.
    I read the other day that we fight off dozens of cyber attacks originating from China daily. Yeah, things could get weird one day now that everything is tied to the web.
    Returns June 3rd.

sounds good, but nowhere to be found