Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok...should I get the Hospitaller or the 100 years war sword?

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    Well...I am not interested in it for the sake of getting laid. LOL Besides as a general rule I never show females guns, knives, of archery equipment. So no worries there.

Ahhh grasshopper. You may not see it right now, but everything is about getting laid. Everything.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Integratedj View Post
    Ahhh grasshopper. You may not see it right now, but everything is about getting laid. Everything.
    LMAO!!! lol. good one man! good one!
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by skorpion View Post
    Not to jab, but this topic reminded me of my former college-job coworker who weighed 450 pounds and was a 30-something year-old virgin (not by choice). He was obsessed with swords.

Well...that is funny. Poor fellow. I can promise you I am not a virgin. LOL I enjoy my history and I keep that aspect of my life out of my lady chasing life. That video is epic and one of the funniest Indiana Jones clips. I would never sub a sword out in a self defense situation where a firearm is available.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Integratedj View Post
    I wouldn't say that. i never got into guns or learned about guns in the mission to get laid.

I wouldn't say that. i never got into guns or learned about guns in the mission to get laid.
    Yep, swords and guns are a bad way to get laid.

Too messy

Chloroform, now that's the way to go!

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Yep, swords and guns are a bad way to get laid.

Too messy

Chloroform, now that's the way to go!
    flunitrazepam
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

You are hanging out with the wrong kind of girls my friend.
    The ones I hang out with love guns, love to play with guns, and in an emergency know how to use them to cover my back. They are the best kind of girl of all.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

You might be interested in this site.

http://www.museumreplicas.com/

I don't know if you saw my thread I posted a while back when I started putting together my medieval knight's outfit, but I finally got all this stuff together and wore it to the Renaissance Festival we had around here last fall. Donning it again for the next one this fall.

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...l-Knight-Hobby

I can understand your enthusiasm in wanting to assemble a medieval knight's outfit. It's addicting and fun.

However, I would never spend $800+ on a sword. About $400 would be my limit.

Oh yeah, as Dr. Gonzo says, I'd go for a hand-and-a-half sword. It looks better and is better balanced, plus, if needed, you can use both hands for a stronger downward slash. You can't get the power in a one-hand sword that you can in a hand-and-a-half sword. Most two-hand swords are bulkier and not as quick.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    You might be interested in this site.

http://www.museumreplicas.com/

I don't know if you saw my thread I posted a while back when I started putting together my medieval knight's outfit, but I finally got all this stuff together and wore it to the Renaissance Festival we had around here last fall. Donning it again for the next one this fall.

http://www.gunsnet.net/showthread.ph...l-Knight-Hobby

I can understand your enthusiasm in wanting to assemble a medieval knight's outfit. It's addicting and fun.

However, I would never spend $800+ on a sword. About $400 would be my limit.

Oh yeah, as Dr. Gonzo says, I'd go for a hand-and-a-half sword. It looks better and is better balanced, plus, if needed, you can use both hands for a stronger downward slash. You can't get the power in a one-hand sword that you can in a hand-and-a-half sword. Most two-hand swords are bulkier and not as quick.

That is really cool you made a knight's outfit...when I get back from town I will check it out more.
    You know I didn't notice this and I completely missed it. But that Hospitaller sword is one handed isn't it? I knew the French one was.
    Last edited by was_peacemaker; 08-28-2013 at 08:43 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12