Thread: MEXICO BESTS THE USA

MEXICO BESTS THE USA

In any "profession" that requires expertise or a minimum amount of knowledge, most city, county, state and/or federal government regulations require a "license" that demonstrates you have the ability to perform at some minimum level so as to insure the public safety or that you are performing for the public good. This licensing carries over to the safe operation of cars, boats, planes and trains, again, to ensure the public safety and provide the general population with a safe reliable method of accomplishing certain tasks. So why, here in America, land of the freely licensed, do we not license our liberty?
    Much to my surprise, the Mexican government has done just that and by doing so, they have secured personal liberty in maybe the most important aspect of their lives.
    We can no longer think of Mexico as a 3rd world country because it has something that makes it a far better protector of liberty than America has. It's called a voters ID card

mexico-voter-ID-card-91115061883.jpegmexico-voter-ID-card-91115061883.jpeg

So what's going to happen, PROBASCO, when you get voter ID passed nationwide and Democrats still win elections?

Do you ever think Oregon will go red? It's turning bluer each year... same with Washington and California -- the entire left coast.

All the conservatives are fleeing and moving inland to states like Idaho, Utah, and Nevada.

Seems like a fool's errand to me, voter ID.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Sounds like a way to reduce fraud to me. I think it has far less to do with which side wins an election.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    Sounds like a way to reduce fraud to me. I think it has far less to do with which side wins an election.
    Cha-CHING!
    The gun-toting practitioner of the Middle Path.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    So what's going to happen, PROBASCO, when you get voter ID passed nationwide and Democrats still win elections?

Do you ever think Oregon will go red? It's turning bluer each year... same with Washington and California -- the entire left coast.

All the conservatives are fleeing and moving inland to states like Idaho, Utah, and Nevada.

Seems like a fool's errand to me, voter ID.
    Once again, you think you know what you don't. Fair and honest elections rise above partisan politics. There IS NO GOOD REASON not to have secure voter rolls. NO GOOD REASON AT ALL

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Voting in the last election was as high as 120% of the adult population... It is not going to help the dems...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Part of me hopes Voter ID becomes the law nationally, just to quit hearing people bitching about "fraud."

I do think it disenfranchises some people, but probably not enough to swing elections except for REALLY close races.

I just don't think it would make that big of difference at all. It just seems like more unnecessary hoops to jump through though to exercise what should be a basic right.

Sounds like a solution looking for a problem, to me.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by El Laton Caliente View Post
    Voting in the last election was as high as 120% of the adult population... It is not going to help the dems...
    Bullshit. The final tally was 65,455,010 votes for O-bomb-a and 60,771,703 for Mittens.

Add them up, that's only 126,226,713 people. There were 241,472,385 adults in America as of last year.

That's just barely over 50% turn-out, which is pretty typical for most presidential election years.

Hold on.... so you are telling me that access to health care is a basic human right, and you have to be compelled to purchase it whether you want it or not, but you can't be asked to go get a fucking ID card to vote?

They've had us licked in the Bean Salad race for years too.

Honestly it's ridiculous to me that we have to show I.D. to buy a nasal decongestant but you can vote as many times as you want just for showing up!

And LAGC needs to STFU about the socio-political climate of states he doesn't live in. It's just ignorant. The "blue" in Oregon is pretty exclusive to the Multnomah valley and the city of Eugene. Anyone who lives here and ventures beyond E 82nd or W 23rd would know that.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Hold on.... so you are telling me that access to health care is a basic human right, and you have to be compelled to purchase it whether you want it or not, but you can't be asked to go get a fucking ID card to vote?
    So says Chief Justice John Roberts and the Supreme Court.