Thread: What NFA stuff to send off for next week?

What NFA stuff to send off for next week?

With BamBam dinking around with trusts I think I'll send off next week for some more Form 1 goodness. I'm not too sure what to get though.

What I have:
    .22 integral rifle - Ruger 96-22 lever action
    .22 integral pistol - Ruger MkII 22-45
    300BLK integral AR-15
    308 integral bolt action

What stamps I'm waiting on:
    SBR AR-15 - 8 inch 300BLK
    308 Screw on can - 100% titanium 60* cone for 300BLK. Can be used on 308's like my FALs
    .44 Mag integral carbine - Ruger 96-44 lever action

What should I get before the new rules on trusts??? (full auto is out of my price range) I'm thinking:
    308 can in stainless using clipped 60* cones - mostly for the FALs
    .45 acp can. I'll need a new barrel but think it be nice for my Para Ordance. Maybe do it 100% titanium an maybe I won't need a booster
    Another SBR AR-15???
    Suggestions????

Thanks folks
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Hell about any and all of those. I'm not sure I could decide. With the Dictator n Chief you are probably already too late. Even if you start the project they will probably change the rules while you're waiting for the approval and then force you to go back to the start of the process.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 08-29-2013 at 09:45 PM.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

SBR lower receivers for AR-15. Turn them into other calibers like .223 or pistol calibers.

I don't know what other guns you have to SBR or suppress. Personally, I'd like an SBR'd Rossi Ranch Hand or similar "mare's leg" copy. Maybe even threaded to accept a suppressor. I'd also like a 9mm suppressor and booster, a .223 suppressor for AR's, and a Kestral 7.62 suppressor for AK's. An SBR AK pistol like a Draco or Yugo Krink. An SBR Sig 556 pistol. An SBS double barrel 12 gauge with automatic extractors and internal hammers and cut-down stock (Doom II style), or with a stock cut down to just the grip and super short barrels (Mad Max style).
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    SBR lower receivers for AR-15. Turn them into other calibers like .223 or pistol calibers.

I don't know what other guns you have to SBR or suppress. Personally, I'd like an SBR'd Rossi Ranch Hand or similar "mare's leg" copy. Maybe even threaded to accept a suppressor. I'd also like a 9mm suppressor and booster, a .223 suppressor for AR's, and a Kestral 7.62 suppressor for AK's. An SBR AK pistol like a Draco or Yugo Krink. An SBR Sig 556 pistol. An SBS double barrel 12 gauge with automatic extractors and internal hammers and cut-down stock (Doom II style), or with a stock cut down to just the grip and super short barrels (Mad Max style).
    Those are some interesting musings there.

AKs don't silence very well do to the gas system and the threads on the barrels are known to not be concentric to the bore. Because of that they are pretty low on my silencer list - but it is worth keeping in mind. I could re-do the threads and make an adapter to use my 308 cans on them.

I only have one AR in 223. And that was done reluctently just for ammo commonality. The Stainless 308 can I considering could be used for that though. Many folks use 308 cans on their 223 ARs. They work pretty darn good too, from what I've read.

I think the 9mm idea is a good one. Again, I think a .45 can could work in that area too, just change the spring in the booster.

Soooo, trying to be as economical as I can I think that brings me to
    308 stainless silencer - I can use it on the FALs or any caliber AR I have
    .45 ACP silencer - use it on .45 and 9mm (prolly go 100% titanium w/K baffles)
    Another AR SBR Although an AK SBR would be nice, the AR would be more versatile.

That's three stamps and really pushing what I can afford right now. I still need to buy materials for the stamps that are pending.

Get a Silencerco Sparrow. Rated for the .22, 22 WMR, 17 HMR, FN 5.7,

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Why would I buy a silencer? Where's the fun in that?

He has the equipment, (lathe) to build his own.

Some day I should SBR my Group Industries 9 mm Uzi and get a Can on it. That would make me actually give a shit about wanting to shoot it.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 08-30-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Hell about any and all of those. I'm not sure I could decide. With the Dictator n Chief you are probably already too late. Even if you start the project they will probably change the rules while you're waiting for the approval and then force you to go back to the start of the process.
    This is a large point of concern. I just submitted paperwork for 2 suppressors (tax check hasn't even cleared for one of them). I'm tempted to try to rush through my other purchases, but I suspect they will make the requirements retroactive.

I just read today that they are going to require finger prints, photos, AND CLEO sign off for all the people in the trust that can use the NFA items. The CLEO sign off requirement basically means no more NFA.

I have 1300.00 in NFA items sitting in dealers' safes, and no idea if I will EVER be able to get them, or my money back. I don't know if they will or can make the requirements retro-active for paperwork they have already received, and even if I called them I doubt they'd provide a reliable answer. I'm tempted to go ahead and submit paperwork for all the NFA items I can, but then I'd probably end up with even more money tied up in items I can't get.

Quote Originally Posted by Dafapa View Post
    This is a large point of concern. I just submitted paperwork for 2 suppressors (tax check hasn't even cleared for one of them). I'm tempted to try to rush through my other purchases, but I suspect they will make the requirements retroactive.

I just read today that they are going to require finger prints, photos, AND CLEO sign off for all the people in the trust that can use the NFA items. The CLEO sign off requirement basically means no more NFA.

I have 1300.00 in NFA items sitting in dealers' safes, and no idea if I will EVER be able to get them, or my money back. I don't know if they will or can make the requirements retro-active for paperwork they have already received, and even if I called them I doubt they'd provide a reliable answer. I'm tempted to go ahead and submit paperwork for all the NFA items I can, but then I'd probably end up with even more money tied up in items I can't get.
    Let's clear up some misinformation:
    Abstract: The Department of Justice is proposing to amend the regulations of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) regarding the making or transferring of a firearm under the National Firearms Act. The proposed regulations would (1) add a definition for the term "responsible person"; (2) require each responsible person of a corporation, trust or legal entity to complete a specified form, and to submit photographs and fingerprints; (3) require that a copy of all applications to make or transfer a firearm be forwarded to the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) of the locality in which the maker or transferee is located; and (4) eliminate the requirement for a certification signed by the CLEO.
    http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAg...&RIN=1140-AA43

Last things first: This is going to eliminate the CLEO signoff (but require notification). The problem trust and corp folks are having is item one that is going to "add a definition for the term "responsible person". What does that mean??? Normally in a trust, when you die the stuff goes to the successor trustee using a tax free Form 5 with fingerprints and photos. What is of concern (to trusts) is if they will NOW require fingerprints and photos of all successor trustees at the time of application. That's could be a real bitch. . . ESPECIALLY for Corps that may have a dozen people listed on "the board of directors". Are they ALL going to be considered "responsible persons"?

What this will do as a matter of practicality, people are going to move from trusts back to individual applications now that there is no CLEO signoff - provided that portion of the 'abstract' survives consideration. Will it be retro-active? It shouldn't be, and wouldn't under normal circumstances. But as you know, these are not normal circumstances now are they?

I'm sending in three Form 1's next week on my current trust. We're currently looking at a one year processing timeline. I'm NOT going to wait to get into the cue.
    Last edited by L1A1Rocker; 08-30-2013 at 10:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Let's clear up some misinformation:

http://www.reginfo.gov/public/do/eAg...&RIN=1140-AA43

Last things first: This is going to eliminate the CLEO signoff (but require notification). The problem trust and corp folks are having is item one that is going to "add a definition for the term "responsible person". What does that mean??? Normally in a trust, when you die the stuff goes to the successor trustee using a tax free Form 5 with fingerprints and photos. What is of concern (to trusts) is if they will NOW require fingerprints and photos of all successor trustees at the time of application. That's could be a real bitch. . . ESPECIALLY for Corps that may have a dozen people listed on "the board of directors". Are they ALL going to be considered "responsible persons"?

What this will do as a matter of practicality, people are going to move from trusts back to individual applications now that there is no CLEO signoff - provided that portion of the 'abstract' survives consideration. Will it be retro-active? It shouldn't be, and wouldn't under normal circumstances. But as you know, these are not normal circumstances now are they?

I'm sending in three Form 1's next week on my current trust. We're currently looking at a one year processing timeline. I'm NOT going to wait to get into the cue.

Ok, that was a fake apparently. As of Friday there is a NEW proposal that makes CLEO cert a requirement on ALL transfers. It's a PDF that I cannot copy from but here's the link:
    http://www.atf.gov/sites/default/fil...r-firearms.pdf

This is really stinking more and more. This is NOT about keeping Title II weapons out of criminals hands. This is about screwing lawful gun owners.

I think I've decided.
    1) another AR type SBR (so glad I've still got some receivers put back)
    2) a Stainless steel 308 can. I'll go with clipped 60* cones like the new saker. It'll work fine enough on 223 also. I'm already planning on a custom break that will be a quick attach device. I'll be able to put those on all my rifles.
    3) a 45 acp can. I'll go with 100% titanium and maybe not need a booster. With a booster I'll be able to use this on 9mm if needed.

That should take care of my home hobby projects for a few years. Hopefully by then we'll be through this mess and able to get silencers again by then.

So tomorrow I will be copying and printing and putting my packets together. Tuesday I'm off to the post office for money orders and sending off the packets with delivery confirmation. Oh what fun. . .

I think I've decided.
    1) another AR type SBR (so glad I've still got some receivers put back)
    2) a Stainless steel 308 can. I'll go with clipped 60* cones like the new saker. It'll work fine enough on 223 also. I'm already planning on a custom break that will be a quick attach device. I'll be able to put those on all my rifles.
    3) a 45 acp can. I'll go with 100% titanium and maybe not need a booster. With a booster I'll be able to use this on 9mm if needed.

That should take care of my home hobby projects for a few years. Hopefully by then we'll be through this mess and able to get silencers again by then.

So tomorrow I will be copying and printing and putting my packets together. Tuesday I'm off to the post office for money orders and sending off the packets with delivery confirmation. Oh what fun. . .
    Sent my packets off this morning. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Why would I buy a silencer? Where's the fun in that?
    Errr..... because half of your original post alluded to the purchase of cans.

He has the equipment, (lathe) to build his own.
    Still requires paperwork which was the original topic.

Errr..... because half of your original post alluded to the purchase of cans.

Apologies, I was flippant in my response. I has ASSumed that you've read my previous build posts. While I have several silencers, and this post is mostly about silencers, I've never purchased a Title II firearm. I build them myself on an ATF Form 1. It's a hobby

Still requires paperwork which was the original topic.
    Thank you Captain Obvious for pointing that known fact out.

Thank you Captain Obvious for pointing that known fact out.
    Captain Obvious. Right