Thread: Tannerite Fun for .22LR

Tannerite Fun for .22LR

Tannerite Fun with .22LR

We’ve all see the massive booms and nice puffy clouds of smoke put out by Tannerite in those relatively expensive containers. One and done. On to the next one. Wouldn’t it be great to have this much fun, at less expensive, with .22LR? Yes, yes it would.

Well, I had a chance the other day out at Asymmetric Solutions in Farmington, Missouri to watch a friend try out a great way to enjoy Tannerite at a fraction of the cost. He picked up a great little kit of Tannerite designed specifically for .22LR by Goliath Brand Tannerite. The cool thing is that it came with ten targets to which were pasted little plastic bags that were easily filled up. Ten targets, for around $33 bucks. Not bad. Not bad at all.

What was the result? Honestly, I wasn’t expecting all that much. I thought we’d have a glorified firecracker on our hands, to tell the truth. But …. a shot or two later and the first one went off with a very satisfying deep basso continuo BOOM with a very generous cloud of smoke hanging in the still, humid morning air, growing every larger by the second.

We, nearly at the same time, exclaimed, “Wow! I can’t believe how loud that was.” And, of course, it was on to the next target, then the next and yet another. Each time we had that same satisfying boom and cloud of smoke.

Too much fun, perhaps, for at the first chance he had, he plunked down another $33 bucks for another ten pack of targets with all the “fixings” for some real Tannerite fun at the fraction of the cost one would pay for “regular” Tannerite, and best of all, it did not require any expensive higher power ammo.

Take a look at the video and see, and hear, for yourself:

http://youtu.be/VPC79jQEJgM
    Last edited by Amsdorf; 08-30-2013 at 04:01 PM.

I saw some of that in Gander Mountain a couple weeks ago. I've been wanting some 22 targets for a while just saw it on line though.
    I was up there for shotgun shells but was checking out all their stuff.
    I wound up going with the H2 stuff I found seemed like a good enough deal so kind of did an impulse buy on it.
    Got it home and noticed they don't have the 22 sensitive label. Gonna try it anyway maybe it will work but have other stuff that will set it off.
    Next time I go up there I'll pay better attention and try it.
    Last edited by Full Otto; 08-31-2013 at 09:15 AM.
    For peace of mind, resign as general manager of the universe