Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: And the other shoe drops... Shooting in Washington Naval Yard

More than 20 members of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) responded to the scene, including the same Special Response Team that extracted the alleged Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev from the boat where he barricaded himself following the April 15 attack.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM the same response team?????????? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Thanks for remembering where I am. I am fine. I don't work at the Navy Yard, though I do have to go there a couple of times a month. The people I work with at the Yard were not near the shooting either.

Still too early to tell what the shooting was about. News reports here are saying the police are still looking for 2 shooters, with one shooter dead. If there were 3 shooters it would be highly unusual for it to be workplace violence.
    Glad you are OK.

Three shooters are not "work place violence"...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    Glad to hear you're okay.

Do they let officers pack heat on the base? I always though it was crazy how on many bases everyone has to be disarmed.

Isn't that how Nidal Hasan killed so many people, because only the MPs were armed?
    The only people with weapons are the police and security.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014 sevlex's Avatar

And the calls for gun control will begin in 3...2...1.
    Telling the truth is treason in an empire of lies.

WWG1WGA

Nothing good ever comes from a pinched sphincter

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    The only people with weapons are the police and security.
    And the mass-shooters, apparently...

Hopefully they change that policy so you guys can protect yourselves the next time this happens. Two military base shootings in less than 4 years apart isn't a great harbinger of things to come.

I bet these perps would think twice if everyone was open-carrying a sidearm on base.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

They will quickly find out one of the shooters voted republican once in 1980...by 6PM it will be a TEA party homegrown right wing extremist plot. Unless they are middle eastern, then its workplace violence.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...navy-shooting/

It didn’t take long for at least one Hollywood actor to turn to gun control this morning. With details about the Washington Navy Yard shooting still widely unknown, “Happy Days” actor Henry Winkler wasted no time in making a sarcastic statement about the event — and gun control — on his official Twitter account.

“ANOTHER shooting in WASH D.C.,” he wrote. “PLEASE America do nothing to promote gun control because that’s how we roll until we have all shot each other.”

The curious comment sparked an array of responses. From agreement to people lambasting Winker’s quip as “ignorant,” the sentiment was certainly diverse Winkler wasn’t alone in his response, of course. Alexey Pushkov, Russia’s nation’s parliamentary foreign affairs chief, also issued offensive commentary about the shooting. Using his own brand of sarcasm to try and knock down the notion of American exceptionalism (the idea that the U.S. was uniquely created), Pushkow pointed to this morning’s tragic rampage.

“A new shootout at Navy headquarters in Washington – a lone gunman and 7 corpses,” he wrote on his Twitter account. “Nobody’s even surprised anymore. A clear confirmation of ‘American exceptionalism.’"
    Or if that doesn't float your boat...

16 minutes ago

http://p.washingtontimes.com/news/20...-inflame-fear/

Obama uses Naval Yard shooting to stoke fear, push anti-gun agenda

Scaring the American public is one of President Obama’s favorite political tactics to get gun control. Just hours after the terrible shooting at the Naval Yard on Monday, Mr. Obama said that even though he didn’t have the facts, “We’re confronting — yet another — mass shooting. And today it happened on a military installation in our nation’s capital.”

Yet another?

The last mass shooting was over nine months ago at the Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown. While we mourn every one of those children and educators lost that day — and today in Washington, D.C. — these events are not a cause for increased alarm.

A report by the nonpartisan Congressional Research Study (CRS) released in April showed there have been 78 public mass shootings in the last 30 years that claimed 547 lives. That averages to 18 victims a year.

To put that number in context, there were 8,583 murders by firearm in the U.S. in 2011, the most recent year for which we have figures from the FBI. And, there were 851 people accidentally killed by firearms in 2011, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The congressional report concluded that, “While tragic and shocking, public mass shootings account for few of the murders related to firearms that occur annually in the United States.”

The president also added as the press conference that the horrific crime at the naval building will “be investigating thoroughly what happened — as we do so many of these shootings sadly that have happened and do everything we can to try to prevent them.”

As I wrote in my new book, “Emily Gets Her Gun,” every life is precious. But Mr. Obama never has much to say about the thousands of people murdered every year in individual shootings. You never hear Mr. Obama talk about investigating those killed every day in our cities. (Well, except for Trayvon Martin, who the president said looked like the son he never had before the trail of George Zimmerman even started.)

Instead, Mr. Obama focuses on the rare mass shootings because the uncontrollable and random nature of them are more frightening to the public, which is politically helpful for him to push his gun-control agenda.

We don’t yet know know how the shooter or shooters got into the military installation, but if it was a random mass shooting and not terrorism, Mr. Obama is off base talking about prevention.

The CRS reported that because of the rarity of the events, “potential perpetrators cannot be identified accurately, and no systematic means of intervening are known to be effective.”

Mass shootings are extremely rare and should not be described by the president as if this is a common occurrence. He does this to frighten people into believing that they are in more danger in order to get support for more gun control.

The reality is gun crimes have decreased every year for 20 years. We cannot stop every single evil person from using a firearm to murder, but we can use facts when talking about these crimes. The president of the United States should be reassuring the public of their safety, not blatantly trying to scare them for his own agenda.
    Right on queue.
    History has a severe case of stuttering complicated by chronic hiccups.
    It always repeats itself and it never fails that something will go horribly wrong along the way.

Direct democracy is a gang rape. Eight men vote to rape one woman and the woman has to accept it because the majority decided that it was ok. A constitutional republic on the other hand is eight men and one woman with a full mag. Think about it for a while until it hurts your head.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    And the mass-shooters, apparently...

Hopefully they change that policy so you guys can protect yourselves the next time this happens. Two military base shootings in less than 4 years apart isn't a great harbinger of things to come.

I bet these perps would think twice if everyone was open-carrying a sidearm on base.
    No. Conventional wisdom is that if the only people to have guns are the criminals and the police less people will die as we wait for the police to show up.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

NRA Endowment Member

Roadhouse Groupee

What do they do at the Washington Naval Yard?

Quote Originally Posted by samiam View Post
    What do they do at the Washington Naval Yard?
    That is where the Naval Sea Systems Command is located. They are responsible for aquisition, design, maintenance, and disposal of all Navy ships, airplanes and assets. The National Museum of the US Navy is also located there as well as the US Navy's Museum Command.

NRA Endowment Member

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Death toll up to 12 now. Would guess obama-messiah and his minions are salivating at the idea about new gun control laws.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Death toll up to 12 now. Would guess obama-messiah and his minions are salivating at the idea about new gun control laws.
    Probably. The natural argument is that they were in a city with some of the strictest gun control laws, on a military base where the gun rules are even more stringent, and all this allowed was the gunman/gunmen to shoot more unarmed people with no option to defend themselves.

NRA Endowment Member

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Just read the shooter was a black guy in his 30's & a possible Navy vet.

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

I'm thinking Al Quida test event. Of course, I could be all wrong but the fact that there's more than one makes me very suspicious. I see a day in the near future when we get this all across the country in major urban areas in a coordinated fashion. Probably during a major economic event - which I also expect in the near future...
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Per the just ended news conference, 13 now confirmed dead, many with injuries, not all firearm related (as in fell down steps trying to escape).

No information on shooter other than name and age.

Active shooter response team was on scene in minutes, engaged and stopped the one known shooter probably saving many more people.

Next news conference scheduled in two hours.

"That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

While Alexis' motive is still not clear, officials said he is a former avionics electrician with the U.S. Navy. He had been arrested at least twice previously: once in Seattle for malicious mischief, and once in Fort Worth in 2010 for discharging a firearm in public. He has lived in New York City also.

Alexis was carrying an ID card belonging to Rollie Chance, who was placed on administrative leave last October. Chance told officials he does not know Alexis.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...me-fatalities/

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sevlex View Post
    only obama and his political police should have guns.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

I hope he is a muslim.

That way the media will have to STFU about the tea party and constitution
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

Hey Jesse and AL.................. You gots some explaining to do.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast