Thread: Ricki Skaggs

Ricki Skaggs

Just got back from a local show. I am not a huge blue grass fan. But DAMN those guys were good! Pretty good music. They 7 members of the band played really well together. You could tell that they had practiced a lot! I didn't know any of the songs either. (they all kinda sounded the same)

Was really impressed with the tempo at which they played. And the timing. Real tight. If I didn't have to get up early in the morning, we would have stayed for the whole show.

didnt know he/group was still around.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Yeah he's awesome. I've heard him do just about every Bill Monroe, Stanley Bros and Jimmy Martin song ever. He's what I call the real deal. There is truly some good country music out there.

I always have liked Ricky! I always liked the version of 14 Carat Mind with Ricky and friends.

I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop on my back!

Last night some folks in the audience (small venue) would call out tunes that they wanted to hear. Mr. Skaggs kinda chuckled. And said. You all want to be here all night? At that point. It was time for me to go home and to bed. Like I said. Not my particular flavor of music. But was really impressed with how great the band sounded and played together. For an old man. That guy can sure pick the strings!