Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Boredom

bobski
    yep. know it well.
    a few years ago i sold off 25 guns in one sale. got tired of cleaning them and watching them take up space. guns are like kids, the first one is your memory. second one is for balance. but when you got 20, you just cant give each one the attention you gave the first. then parenting becomes a chore, not a love.
    guns are part of my profession, they are tools now. the thrill is for the most part gone. condition no longer is important. what is important is score....no matter what it takes. if i wear one out achiveing score...then i wear it out. but collecting them like girls collect dolls is over.
    of the 85 guns i currently have, if someone waved cash at me for one, id sell it without hesitation....except for a few. and dont ya know it? they are some of my first ones.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by Charliebravo View Post
    I really want to enjoy guns the way that I once did, but they are increasingly becoming nothing more than tools, much like a hammer to a construction worker. ?

Ever since the army, guns have always been tools to me. What interests me now days, even more than my bike, is finding something like this.

No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Although I'm rather pressed for time due to work and husband/parenting duties, I'm thinking of trying out precision rimfire. I'm seriously considering building a .22 sniper rifle just for shits and giggles. Although I can technically afford to shoot something bigger, I've always enjoyed .22 for some reason. Glad to see that I'm not the only one to succumb to the boredom. I still shoot when I can to maintain my proficiency, but it's no longer recreation....it's just training.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12