Thread: Recoil Or Collapsable Stock for SAM7R

Recoil Or Collapsable Stock for SAM7R

Looking for a new stock for my milled SAM7R. Based on all my research, and emails to Arsenal, there does not appear to be a collapsable stock. Next choice was a Romanian Recoil Stock. This does not work with the SAM7R either.

http://jesticearms.com/Romanian-stock

Does anyone know of a recoil or collapsable stock that would work?

thanks!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

Unfortunately I don't believe anyone makes one for the milled receiver. Would guess the reason is that there are not that many milled models around to make it worth investing money in something with such a limited market.

That said, the SA-M7 and all their variants are among the nicest of the AK variants one can own. Milled AK variants are difficult to come by, and pretty expensive when you find one.

Just want to add for my own benefit, if you do change the configuration of your SA-M7 and want to keep it's value, do not make any changes that would keep you from being able to return your rifle back to original configuration. Permanent mods would kill it's value to all but a very small audience.

Thanks for the information and advice. My first post!

I agree with your comments and plan to be able to go back to stock if needed. That said, I plan to pass this down to my grandkids someday! The reason I was looking for a different stock was because my 13 year old son had a tough time shooting it. The polymer stock is thin and unforgiving. I'll keep searching. if any new info comes up let me know.

Thanks!

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    By collapsible stock i assume you mean telescoping like an ARF stock?

IF the rear tang is fully intact you can see if a VLOTR Stock Adapter will mount up right.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts...prod24522.aspx

Nice thing is that it's completely temporary too.
    Just unscrew to add/remove with no modifications to the rifle.

Another big big IF though is whether that will even work on the milled receiver to begin with. It's intended for stamped receivers but given that it bolts directly to the rear tang there might be the possibility of it working. I promise nothing on that since I've never actually tried one with a milled receiver.

VLTOR's website says stamped only but it also says it only takes Colt or VLTOR stocks on it, which is a complete pile of crap.
    Any mil spec diameter stock fits perfectly and Magpul mounts to it rock solid.