Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: emotions suck

emotions suck

A year ago to the day, I met a girl who stole my heart. I bet you can guess how that turned out.
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

Happily ever after?

Quote Originally Posted by cevulirn View Post
    A year ago to the day, I met a girl who stole my heart. I bet you can guess how that turned out.
    You mean to tell me she violated federal organ theft laws? You poor bastard!
    Wait, how are you alive still???

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    Happily ever after?

Don't be a dick.

As low as your emotions can make you, they can make you that high as well. And you wouldn't be feeling this low now if you hadn't been pretty high in the last year. Only thing to cure it is time, so hold out for your next high. It won't be long before you're back on top.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

'Women. They smell nice but they are soul killers." - William Murderface Jefferson.

Well Emotions are definitely a roller coaster ride. GOOD emotions are great, ecstasy, fulfillment, joy, happiness, love, satisfaction, contentment ...... And yes, we all DREAD the Bad ones, Anger, loneliness, betrayal, sadness, depression, and my personal favorite , grief. I've had more than my share of grief in the last few years. Only recently my friends have experienced grief, and even though I'm not unhappy at the moment, I feel for their suffering. A friend suddenly lost his father, another lost her sister, a friend who is a horse rider lost his horse, a dog trainer lost her dog. Ugh. Losing animals are really heart breaking.

The ONLY GOOD THING is that seeing others suffering, puts your own sadness, loss or depression into perspective! You count your blessings. You realize that everyone experiences loss and sadness or any other negative emotion. When I was bummed out that I had broken my leg years ago, all I had to do was see a veteran who lost his legs. Boy did that put my mind straight in a HURRY! Remember, there's always someone worse off than you! Hope that helps.

Happily ever after?
    fuck you.

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Don't be a dick.

As low as your emotions can make you, they can make you that high as well. And you wouldn't be feeling this low now if you hadn't been pretty high in the last year. Only thing to cure it is time, so hold out for your next high. It won't be long before you're back on top.
    Seems to be 10 to 1 negative to positive. I spend a good chunk of my life trying not to feel.

Quote Originally Posted by tank_monkey View Post
    Well Emotions are definitely a roller coaster ride. GOOD emotions are great, ecstasy, fulfillment, joy, happiness, love, satisfaction, contentment ...... And yes, we all DREAD the Bad ones, Anger, loneliness, betrayal, sadness, depression, and my personal favorite , grief. I've had more than my share of grief in the last few years. Only recently my friends have experienced grief, and even though I'm not unhappy at the moment, I feel for their suffering. A friend suddenly lost his father, another lost her sister, a friend who is a horse rider lost his horse, a dog trainer lost her dog. Ugh. Losing animals are really heart breaking.

The ONLY GOOD THING is that seeing others suffering, puts your own sadness, loss or depression into perspective! You count your blessings. You realize that everyone experiences loss and sadness or any other negative emotion. When I was bummed out that I had broken my leg years ago, all I had to do was see a veteran who lost his legs. Boy did that put my mind straight in a HURRY! Remember, there's always someone worse off than you! Hope that helps.
    Physical problems I can deal with. Something broke? I'll fix it. Can't just buy a replacement part? (money or availability?) I'll make it work. No matter how crappy that gets, I can generally deal with it. It turns into a challenge, or a mission.

But this emotional stuff? I'm a guardian, a protector. I exist to place myself between the perils of the world and those few I care about. But I got no protection from the other way, and a guardian isn't much good without someone to protect.

fuck you.
    At least you still have your sense of humor.

Sorry man, but do you know anyone who hasn't been through it?

We've all been there, most of us several times. Getting down about it doesn't help, dwelling on it doesn't help. Unless I missed some thread where she died, in which case I will feel like a dick, then I'm not going to apologize for a lighthearted joke.

It didn't work out, thank god for the life experience and move on

Seems to be 10 to 1 negative to positive. I spend a good chunk of my life trying not to feel.
    the problem is you can't. i lost my heart to a girl 36 yrs ago, i can still see, smell, hear her voice and feel her skin. this will never go away and much of life will not.
    i can say that life has a lot of area to expand into, you have done things i have dreamt of but will not ever do. use your spirit and go forward. the girls you posted at dragon con. my god man! your emotions work both ways, look at your tag line and understand.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2011 Sherman's Avatar

I feel your pain.

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

on the bright side at least now you get to enjoy some new bergina without having your eyes clawed out later
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

I'm a guardian, a protector. I exist to place myself between the perils of the world and those few I care about. But I got no protection from the other way, and a guardian isn't much good without someone to protect.
    Then you choose to bring this upon yourself, willingly. Okay. You're on your own. Don't whine about it then if you feel so empowered by 'feeling' the way you do.

I had a girl break my heart once. I realized later that the money I wasted on her, I could use to buy lovely firearms. And I did.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Been there, Done that!

Over and over.

Takes a while to learn not to invest too heavily at the start.

Sometimesa it lasts, but you will recover, it just feels as if you never will.

Luck, man.

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Kadmos--Happily ever after?

Integratedj-You mean to tell me she violated federal organ theft laws? You poor bastard!
    Wait, how are you alive still???

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Don't be a dick.

Yeah, don't be a dick with double standards.....
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Happily ever after?
    Douche-bag to the end.

Sense of humor really dying around here.

Fine, here's the straight dope. Nope, I don't feel sorry for you cevulirn, you've just gone though what everyone else has gone through. I get it hurts, and no I don't enjoy having you suffer.

However, you met her a year ago. You tried, it didn't work, kinda a bummer. I've had relationships with a toothbrush longer than that. So no I'm not going to wail at the heavens with you or for you.

You got extremely lucky, fell in love, probably had some great times, and only lost/wasted/got set back a year.

You didn't go in with a full head of hair and come out half bald and grey with half of your life savings gone, didn't divide your family, friends.

You say "love of your life", but lets face it, unless there actually ends up being no other, then she wasn't. She was at best "a live IN your life".

A year, that's it. Be really thankful it wasn't a decade or two. Your life isn't even close to over.

Best of luck with the next one!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I recommend an episode of Red Dwarf titled "Thanks for the Memories".
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Sense of humor really dying around here.

Fine, here's the straight dope. Nope, I don't feel sorry for you cevulirn, you've just gone though what everyone else has gone through. I get it hurts, and no I don't enjoy having you suffer.

However, you met her a year ago. You tried, it didn't work, kinda a bummer. I've had relationships with a toothbrush longer than that. So no I'm not going to wail at the heavens with you or for you.

You got extremely lucky, fell in love, probably had some great times, and only lost/wasted/got set back a year.

You didn't go in with a full head of hair and come out half bald and grey with half of your life savings gone, didn't divide your family, friends.

You say "love of your life", but lets face it, unless there actually ends up being no other, then she wasn't. She was at best "a live IN your life".

A year, that's it. Be really thankful it wasn't a decade or two. Your life isn't even close to over.

Best of luck with the next one!
    Fuck you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast