Thread: My 1 oz gold Maple Leaf for $25...

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway

My 1 oz gold Maple Leaf for $25...

No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I wonder what he would have done if someone pulled out some cash...
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by cevulirn View Post
    I didn't watch the whole thing, but I wonder what he would have done if someone pulled out some cash...
    I skipped thru it...I got the impression he would have sold it to them.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Seemed like he was trying.

I don't really blame people, you gotta figure he's either a nut, stole it, it's fake, etc.

If a guy came up to me on the street offering gold, actually when a guy comes up on the street offering gold, it does happen around here, gold chains mostly, at "cheap" prices, I don't buy.

Sure it could be a "missed opportunity" but most likely it's fake or otherwise not worth the trouble that may go with it.

I think the only reason people actually talked to him was the camera and mic, otherwise he would have got the total brush off even more.

A real peak of how clueless People are .

Didn't watch it in full either but enough to get the impression that he was implying people are ignorant and stupid. But like others have said...a guy comes up to you offering to sell you gold at a minuscule fraction of what it's worth and then saying "hey, and as soon as you buy it you can go into that coin shop and sell it for more than you paid for it". Sorry but in real life, why wouldn't a person just go into the shop and sell it themselves rather than for less to a person on the street? The people know this and therefore feel it's a scam. Just because the coin was legit doesn't change the fact that the whole deal came across as the shadiest scenario possible short of a dark alley and a dude with a Brooklyn accent.

Not ignorant and stupid...just ignorant about gold. Some of the parts I saw he offered to let therm have it authenticated in the coin shop and he would still sell it to them for $25. Saw one where he would have gave it to a woman for a bottle of water.

Sure, you wonder why people didn't just ask him why he didn't go into the coin shop and sell it himself...but he has a camera man, a microphone...did that not tell them something?