Thread: 7.62 x 39 question

7.62 x 39 question

I normally shoot Tula FMJ or HP in my SAM7R and at 100 yds it's usually pretty dead on. I found a deal on some Golden Tiger and tried about 20 rounds at the range last weekend. It shot high. Is it possible the GT that could cause that? It started raining and I quit before switching back to the Tula. Just curious. Thanks.

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

yes.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yes is my answer as well. I've shot about all the x39 ammo imported into the country and the Golden Tiger is one of the better ones. I would take it over Wolf / Tula any day. The Wolf is usually under power, has more variation in powder charges and bullet weights range widely. Golden Tiger brand, Ulyanovsk arsenal and Barnual are the "better" Russian import ammos. Theirs has more consistent powder charges and bullet weights.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Your Tula is shooting LOW because of a lack of powder charge.

You Golden Tiger is probably where its supposed to be. I would adjust my sites to the point of impact of the Golden Tiger since it would be my go-to ammo, and just deal with hitting low with the Tula since its just shit-ammo for the range.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"