Thread: "Habitat-optimal" camouflage algorithm discovered

"Habitat-optimal" camouflage algorithm discovered

A provisional US Patent was just awarded for a newly-discovered algorithm for creating habitat-optimal camouflage. Here is the PR: http://prlog.org/12217103

The algorithm identifies specific combinations of colors and markings--together called a "pattern"--that exist in nature in any specific habitat, and provide the best visual concealment. An interesting result is that "evolutionarily-optimal ambush camouflage" doesn’t look like a plant--plants don't hide. Apparently optimal camouflage looks more like a member of the animal (reptile) kingdom. According to one of the inventors quoted in the PR, wherever one is on Earth, indigenous in-season optimal ambush camouflage can be quickly developed and produced, based on the algorithm—no more guess-work required.

I’m want to find out more about this, and see the camo that’s optimized for SW deserts and foothills. My choices now are all bad. A gillie suit is impractical. There are few plants, so I don’t want to look like a plant, and rocks don’t hide or move. I’ll post if I hear of any news, and would appreciate the same.

Public display of three proprietary habitat-optimal ambush camouflage designs developed under the ODA LLC patent is scheduled for the annual Fred Hall Show in Long Beach. The patterns are optimized for three areas: highlands of the Middle East; deserts of the Middle East; and tropical forests of Central and South America. There is a giant military presence between Long Beach and San Diego, perhaps why the patterns to be displayed there have military applications. No information about displays of North American patterns yet.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Sounds interesting
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...