Thread: Niverna entered into the rock and roll hall of fame

Niverna entered into the rock and roll hall of fame

http://www.dc101.com/articles/music-...roll-11742071/

Courtney Love alleged to accept the award for Kurt Go-bang.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by studmuffin View Post
    http://www.dc101.com/articles/music-...roll-11742071/

Courtney Love alleged to accept the award for Kurt Go-bang.
    It took them almost 2 decades to get Rush in there?!? Other bands like Megadeth, Pantera, Anthrax etc...are still on the back burner.

Here is the thing, Nirvana wasn't the biggest band on the planet when Kurt passed. In fact they were losing their early momentum. Even Rolling Stone called Beck the voice of Generation-X. When Pearl Jam came out with Ten and AIC released Dirt...Nirvana dropped a few notches. Then poor Kurt died....and just like that! Over night every 10-20 year old kid had a beat up acoustic guitar and bowl cut.

I feel bad for Kurt dying the way he did but for the record I always thought Nirvana was a bit of a Dead Kennedy's, Mudhoney ripoff and was never really a fan of theirs. Although some of the bass lines were neat.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Still no Ted Nugent. Screw the RRHOF. Buncha sell-outs.

What do you expect. It's run by rolling stone hippies stuck in a time warp.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by was_peacemaker View Post
    It took them almost 2 decades to get Rush in there?!? Other bands like Megadeth, Pantera, Anthrax etc...are still on the back burner.

Here is the thing, Nirvana wasn't the biggest band on the planet when Kurt passed. In fact they were losing their early momentum. Even Rolling Stone called Beck the voice of Generation-X. When Pearl Jam came out with Ten and AIC released Dirt...Nirvana dropped a few notches. Then poor Kurt died....and just like that! Over night every 10-20 year old kid had a beat up acoustic guitar and bowl cut.

I feel bad for Kurt dying the way he did but for the record I always thought Nirvana was a bit of a Dead Kennedy's, Mudhoney ripoff and was never really a fan of theirs. Although some of the bass lines were neat.
    Huh?

I can see maybe the Mudhoney reference, as all grunge bands were influenced some by Mudhoney, Dinosaur Jr, ect.

But the Dead Kennedy's? I don't see a resemblance of any kind, let alone them being ripped off. Jello Biafra and Kurt Cobain were nothing alike stylistically in their writing or intent.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Too bad Courtney didn't blow her brains out along with downer boy Kurt. Talk about a rampant hag....

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    Too bad Courtney didn't blow her brains out along with downer boy Kurt. Talk about a rampant hag....
    She's what ya call a high mileage model.
    Returns June 3rd.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    She's what ya call a high mileage model.
    Or what the old-timers called "rode hard & put away wet".

I surprised no one has raised the courtney murdered kurt go-bang conspiracy theories.

I actually liked some of her earlier cd's. Still that girl has a lot of milage on her wow. Talk about wearing every sin on yer face.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Huh?

I can see maybe the Mudhoney reference, as all grunge bands were influenced some by Mudhoney, Dinosaur Jr, ect.

But the Dead Kennedy's? I don't see a resemblance of any kind, let alone them being ripped off. Jello Biafra and Kurt Cobain were nothing alike stylistically in their writing or intent.
    The west coast punk influence is there.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    Or what the old-timers called "rode hard & put away wet".
    Yuck.
    Returns June 3rd.