Thread: Choate stock won't fit my mak 90

Choate stock won't fit my mak 90

My new Choate stock just came in from midway. Now I'm not sure if they are sent me the milled stock or something is up with my gun. The stock won't fit over the two bolts at the back of my receiver. Is it the stock or do I just have another goofy mak 90 that will require me to drill out my stock? I can get pics if needed. Thanks for your help guys.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Would like to help, the Chinese receivers were slightly different than the Euro ones, but when you say the stock won't fit over the two bolts at the back of the receiver, you lost me. I do not have any Chinese AKs that have bolts in the rear of the receiver.

Pictures would really be nice and helpful.

maybe he means rivets?
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Quote Originally Posted by l921428x View Post
    maybe he means rivets?
    They are rivets. I'm sorry. Here are the pictures.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    The reason is that you have a receiver for an underfolder, but the Choate stock is made for a fixed receiver.

You have the most desirable of the MAK-90s. I picked up a couple myself, and always keep my eyes out for them. Personally I would find a complete Chinese underfolder assembly, either on gunbroker or getting lucky at gun shows. Then you can cut the rivet that holds the plates over the folder mechanism holes, and install a working underfolder. Then just cut the tang off that was installed to meet the George Bush the First fear of evil looking weapons, of which folding or collapsible stock fit in, and refinish the rear cover plate.

If you do want to use the Choate stock, you are correct that you will have to modify it, but again that is only because you have a rare underfolder receiver on your Norinco.

Quote Originally Posted by kylestl View Post
    They are rivets. I'm sorry. Here are the pictures.

dude. wow! follow Knuts advise to the letter. do not be anxious or impatient. send the choat back. then move forward
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Yes rivets, yes what nut said if you have the skills to do it. Lastly, holy crap! Did your rifle go through a flood? I've never seen that much rust on weapon that anybody cared about before unless it had been underwater for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Yes rivets, yes what nut said if you have the skills to do it. Lastly, holy crap! Did your rifle go through a flood? I've never seen that much rust on weapon that anybody cared about before unless it had been underwater for a month.
    I got it this way actually but I am going to go get it refinished soon with sandblasting and the whole deal. It shoots great and I did get the choate stock to fit on there nice and snug. I will work on finding a chinese underfolder though. Thanks guys.