Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruger SR-762 Autoloading Rifle Debute

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

Not too bad a price for a piston AR-10. Competitive with what's out there now.

http://www.botach.com/products/ruger...m-carbine.html
    "The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieAKguy View Post
    Not too bad a price for a piston AR-10. Competitive with what's out there now.

http://www.botach.com/products/ruger...m-carbine.html
    Free shipping to boot!
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

"The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

I wonder how it compares to the SIG 716
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    I wonder how it compares to the SIG 716
    If it runs I would say much better. I have had 3 friends buy the sig 716 and all had issues. 2 of them simply wouldn't run any better than a bolt action, and the 3rd made old school mini-14s seem like a tack driver. Turn around time on getting them repaired was a little excessive and one of the bolt actions came back still thinking it was a bolt action and not a semi. Sig has slipped from what they once were and should probably stick to p series pistols only.
    Personally I have no interest in a di or a short stroke piston ar. IMO pws has the best system out there with their long stroke piston setup. It runs cleaner, shoots softer, is more accurate than I am, and is very simple. Simple is always better. The recoil impulse on the pws guns is so much easier to deal with. My mk216 is a lot softer shooting than any other 308ar I tested before buying. I tried everything except for the Noveske n6 or the armalite due to the mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Integratedj View Post
    If it runs I would say much better. I have had 3 friends buy the sig 716 and all had issues. 2 of them simply wouldn't run any better than a bolt action, and the 3rd made old school mini-14s seem like a tack driver. Turn around time on getting them repaired was a little excessive and one of the bolt actions came back still thinking it was a bolt action and not a semi. Sig has slipped from what they once were and should probably stick to p series pistols only.
    Personally I have no interest in a di or a short stroke piston ar. IMO pws has the best system out there with their long stroke piston setup. It runs cleaner, shoots softer, is more accurate than I am, and is very simple. Simple is always better. The recoil impulse on the pws guns is so much easier to deal with. My mk216 is a lot softer shooting than any other 308ar I tested before buying. I tried everything except for the Noveske n6 or the armalite due to the mags.

I have no interest in a .308 AR. I was just curious
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Integratedj View Post
    The recoil impulse on the pws guns is so much easier to deal with. My mk216 is a lot softer shooting than any other 308ar I tested before buying. I tried everything except for the Noveske n6 or the armalite due to the mags.
    Are you saying you have the MK 2 in 16" length? Also what did you pay for it? I see their MSRP on their .308 rifles is nearly $2900! Yikes!

Hopefully the pic works. Has anyone tried hydrolic buffers in any of their AR's? I like having one in 308 much better than the stock buffer. Its not a piston driven, I was in the buy it once attitude a few years ago and hadnt known of piston AR10's. But I really like the P Mags.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

That's a nice carbine but I'm good with my Siaga 308. I wish P Mag would make mags for the Siago though... My FBMG mags are doing great but it'd be nice to have some truly quality mags available for when I need em...

~Nemo me impune lacessit~

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Are you saying you have the MK 2 in 16" length? Also what did you pay for it? I see their MSRP on their .308 rifles is nearly $2900! Yikes!
    Yes, I have a mk216 in 308 as well as a mk114 in 556 for my wife and a mk116 in 300blk.
    I payed $2350 for it locally after tax. All of mine are the mod 0 version. The new versions are a little more with the adjustable gas system and keymod rail.

From a utilitarian point of view I would have made it 18" min and more like 20" as the decibel blast to unprotected ears from a 16" barrel is devastating to ears.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12