Thread: LAW 12?

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

They don't make them anymore from what I understand. I had a buddy that owned one, but we never took it out to shoot it so I don't know what it shoots like. I would think repair parts might be difficult if not impossible to find. http://www.franchiusa.com/franchi-affinity-shotgun/ Link to Franchi USA web site. They don't show anything like the Law there. If I were you I'd contact them and ask about spare parts and service on a LAW if you bought it.

that's pretty clean.

$700 FTF isn't too bad IF you absolutely have to have it.

The last used LAW-12 I saw maybe 4 years ago was $600.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

FYI had a Beretta 1201FP for years that ran like a scalded dog. IIRC the best time I had was right at 3 seconds for 6rds of 00 Buck. Got it used for $325 and sold it to a coworker earlier this year for $600. I don't know anything about the LAW12 but my Beretta had the same stock setup and looked very similar. As Scheutz mentioned parts might be hard to come by which would not be the case for the Beretta. Just tossing this out there in case you wanted to consider something else.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Theres always the Extrema I , those sound like a buzz-gun.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    Never handled a LAW12 but i have a SPAS12.
    Almost identical except the SPAS has the option to switch to pump action with a click of a button.

It's a plinking toy and nothing much more, albeit a very fun toy to play with.

They're actually not very good combat shotguns in spite of being all tacticool looking out of the box because they're a thumb tip pinching motherless godless bitch to reload. The receiver is identical to the spas so it functions exactly the same. You have to press the button on the opposite side of the ejection port to be able to slide another shell in, which makes combat loading almost impossible and the elevator assembly that lifts the shell into position LOVES to pinch the shit out of your thumb tip as it snaps back down when the brass end of the shell passes it. The less painful workaround is to lock the bolt open and then feed the shells in since the assembly stays up when the bolt is in that position, which makes it just about impossible to reload rounds while the shotgun is against your shoulder.

That one has an upgraded safety switch too which is EXTREMELY good. The older lever type safety trigger assemblies were majorly flawed and could easily accidentally discharge the shotgun if you had a round chambered just by switching the safety on. The upgraded button type that one has on it eliminates that problem completely.

As for spare parts availability ....the answer is basically NO in most cases unless you find someone with miscellaneous parts on gunbroker or some place like that, but there are workarounds for some stuff. The O ring for the piston can be replaced by the O ring for a Remington 870 semi.

The original receiver buffer, which is MANDATORY to have in it unless you're a moron and you want to split the receiver in two, is useless. They were made of extremely cheap nylon and broke off inside the receiver after a few years of age whether fired or not. The best option for that problem is the guy over at spas12.com. The buffer he sells is outstanding and durable as hell. Read up on it and how to install it first.

Tons of information over there about the SPAS,SAS and LAW too.
    I've bought stuff from the guy, so consider that an official endorsement of his stuff.

Overall, if you want a toy that you can't get new anymore and that'll probably get you some attention when you take it out to shoot, get the LAW.
    I love my SPAS, but i do think i would leave it behind if SHTF.

I'm thinking the Benelli M3 would be a much better choice....FWIW
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

I'll keep my Mossberg 590A1.

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.