Thread: Yugo Zastava PAP M92PVB 7.62x39, with Stabilizer Brace

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Yugo Zastava PAP M92PVB 7.62x39, with Stabilizer Brace

Not sure what to say?

http://www.jgsales.com/-p-63024.html
    Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

So they are saying that since its a pistol, the stock is not really a stock, but a stabilizer that straps to your forearm? Interesting.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    So they are saying that since its a pistol, the stock is not really a stock, but a stabilizer that straps to your forearm? Interesting.
    Yes that's exactly what they're saying. It clamps around your forearm. Seen them on AR15 pistols as well.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Why doesn't ATF take the hint, take the "F" out and give us our rights back?

The hook on the SPAS-12 is designed to hook around your arm for one arm shoulderless firing. Somehow holding that heavy beast on one arm sounds painful enough. Shooting would be a once in a lifetime as you would never try it again.

At least the M92PVB seems light enough to get the task done. There shouldn't be any worries as the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed, right?

I say buy it!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I wonder how long a stabilizing brace is allowed to be before it becomes a buttstock with an arm loop.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Well how stiff or sturdy is that brace?

The BTAF position is that its legal ... and if someone uses' it in a manor not consistant with it intended function, that does not make it illegal
    (who'd have ever thought they would come up with an answer like that ... it actually makes sense!)

Anyway, I got a PAP M-85 about two weeks ago on GunBroker and was thinking I'd SBR it.

Initially I was thinking while I wait on my stamp I'd add a US made fake can to the barrel to bring the barrel up to 16.25" and blind pin it on, a Manticore triangle stock with Stormwerks hinge, Tapco G2 FCG, & Magpul pistol grip (with storage to keep a copy of my stamp) ... that gives me the 6 parts I need for 922r compliance, and I could enjoy it while I wait.

However, with the BTAF position on the arm brace introduced by SiG and seeing how long NFA stamps are taking I decided to chrck out the arm brace and see if I could adapt it to the PAP ... and I think I like it. I found a brace on Gunbroker and it does not come with a tube so I ordered one of those too while I was at it I ordered a hinge and pig nose from ACE ... by the time I bought the necessary compliance parts cost was about a wash ... the armbrace with the hinge is about the same length as a stock, but its still a pistol.

Zastava PAP M85 (.223) pistol with arm brace.

You can make fold for easy storage with a hinge for ACE Ltd and it will clear the charge handle ... I did have to drill and tap 2 holes in the back of the trunnion and grind off the nubs on the hinge and the "pig nose" but with a little care, there was no problem.

Last edited by kimberkid; 06-15-2014 at 03:41 PM.

I just threw a brace on mine:

Was against the idea because it is a little fugly, but really does make a solid addition to your pistola. Very rigid and helps accuracy! Got my brace from J&G, ever since the ATF came back saying it was totally legal its been a hard item to track down...

Stinkyrat

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Nice, very nice work around with the braces. I like mine on the AR pistol I built. I have a SAR-3, would love one of those Yugo pistols with a brace on it and the folder like Kimberkid pout together.

I just got my PAP M92 from J&G Sales two weeks ago. Yeah, the brace is nice and you can space it back with a spare 30mm scope ring. Everything I have read shows it to be legal as far as BATFE is concerned, but they can always change their minds too.

20141011_144214-1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by AKMfan View Post
    I just got my PAP M92 from J&G Sales two weeks ago. Yeah, the brace is nice and you can space it back with a spare 30mm scope ring. Everything I have read shows it to be legal as far as BATFE is concerned, but they can always change their minds too.

20141011_144214-1.jpg
    Nice "rifle".

I need more of these Serbians while they're still cheap.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

I did end up putting one of these together. Shoots great.
    20161104_132852.jpg
    20161104_132821.jpg

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Nice rifle...uh I mean pistol you have there TEN-32!!

Also, glad to see you back!

Thanks Nut. The SBR... I mean stabilizer works well.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    I did end up putting one of these together. Shoots great.
    20161104_132852.jpg
    20161104_132821.jpg
    Welcome to the party ... You won't be sorry you came

Dremeled off the barrel thread nut and installed a booster. MI railed hand guard. MagPul mags. Hogue grip. US Machinegun adapter, tube and Shockwave blade pistol stabilizer. Topped off with a Sig red dot. Aside from fun factor, my objective was to have a loaded rifle caliber pistol in the car legally.
    20161104_185933.jpg
    Last edited by TEN-32; 11-05-2016 at 08:18 AM.

Cool gun.

Check out this muzzle device, you may like it: http://www.cncwarrior.com/product-p/23959.htm

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Cool gun.

Check out this muzzle device, you may like it: http://www.cncwarrior.com/product-p/23959.htm
    I looked at those and almost went that route. In the end I wanted the krink look on the muzzle. But hey, I can always change it if the urge strikes.