Thread: Do you use a Blackjack Buffer in your AK?

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 Hobe Sound AK's Avatar

Question Do you use a Blackjack Buffer in your AK?

I had one in the last AK I owned, fixing to get another. I had always heard the Buffer kept the Bolt from slamming into the back of the Reciever. However, I have also heard that it does not go that far back? Have fired one with and without one, We are talking 7.62x39mm here no other Caliber. What do you all do? Paul

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 02/2013 s15v8's Avatar

I use them in all my AK's even have one in my PSL.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I use a Blackjack buffer in every AK variant that I take to the range. People like to say that the bolt doesn't go back far enough to need a buffer, but I find it funny that when someone tries to sell me an "unfired" AK variant, if he hasn't used a buffer, there is a nice round mark on the rear trunion that just happens to mirror the rear of the bolt and carrier telling me that the rifle has been fired many times.

As long as I don't have an armorer to hand my rifle to when it breaks and he hands me another free, I am going to spend a couple of dollars to protect my investment the best I can.

Paul, find someone that has put many rounds through an AKM without a buffer and look at the rear trunion and you will see the witness marks of the rear of the bolt and carrier.

I figured I would start off another AK with a new one, you all just reaffirmed what I was thinking. Thanks Paul

Same here .
    Quote Originally Posted by s15v8 View Post
    I use them in all my AK's even have one in my PSL.

I recall now what I saw, It must have been that Gabe Squarez DVD on Tatical Firing with the Ak. I recall him saying on the Video that most Folk's use the Buffer to keep the Bolt from slamming in the the back of the Reciever, he then demostrated pulling the Bolt back with the Cover off and showed how it could not hit the Reciever. However he said as long as your Guiderod Spring Assy. is working ok as well. That Guy has a way of his own. Heard he is Retireing next Year.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe Sound AK View Post
    Heard he is Retireing next Year.

Thank God
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I took my buffer out because I thought it felt weird weird cycling the bolt. Made me concerned about reliability.

Guess I may need to reconsider that one.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2012 videodon's Avatar

I've used them in all my AKMs including PSL.
    My M92 SBR however won't lock back with one in.
    (not that I even use that feature)
    видеодон

After reading the article on buffers I purchased a Blackjack buffer and installed it on my new GP WASR 10/63 That I purchased at a gun show here in Oklahoma. It only took a minute to install. The recoil was not noticably reduced, but anything that will prolong the life of the rifle is definately worth it. It isn't that expensive and delivery was within 5 days after ordering. It will allow the rifle to be passed down to the next generation upon my passing. At my age anything I purchase is with the intent of making sure that they are able to protect themselves and their families. As it sits now thats my job.

Yes.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Do you use a Blackjack Buffer in your AK?

^well said gprod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What's up my nigga's