Thread: North Korea has captured an American Soldier

North Korea has captured an American Soldier

That fought there in The Korean War!

I hope everything works out for him but it wouldn't surprise me if they put him in front of some kangaroo court and try him for war crimes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...years-ago.html
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop on my back!

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

There was a statement that it is unclear whether the statement was written by the guy that North Korea arrested. I read the statement, and the sentence structure and the misuse of words leads me to believe that either the statement was written for him by someone who does not speak English as their first language, or that he was showing that the statement was written under duress. Either way, why are we not taking him back?
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Either way, why are we not taking him back?
    There are many many answers to your question but right off the top of my head.............Obama is a piece of shit and this guy is of no use to Obama if he can't help Obama politically!

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Quote Originally Posted by AKM View Post
    There are many many answers to your question but right off the top of my head.............Obama is a piece of shit and this guy is of no use to Obama if he can't help Obama politically!

100% what the AK man said!

And Kerry could care less.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

We should be mining harbors and seizing ships at sea...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Team GunsNetwork PLATINUM 10/2012 rci2950's Avatar

North Korea has captured an American Soldier

Most importantly this guy needs to be recovered asap but also I would like to see some "malnourished north Korean vs 5.56 rounds" videos on youtube.
    Gunsnet member since 2002
    Salt Water Cowboy - Dolphin 38

We should carpet bomb those SOB's until they return this veteran to us. And if he has been tortured, then we should continue bombing them until we kill Kim Jong Un, and his entire family, along with the rest of North Korea's leadership.
    Last edited by Justin; 11-30-2013 at 04:32 PM.

His family said that he wanted to go there to get some "closure" on his time during the war. To me that is just plain stupid. I can't see myself going back to Iraq to get some "closure"

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    Most importantly this guy needs to be recovered asap but also I would like to see some "malnourished north Korean vs 5.56 rounds" videos on youtube.
    I don't think that their torsos are deep enough to cause fragmentation of 5.56 rounds.

Probably would just ice pick them with .22 cal holes.

I'm pretty sure they were fragmenting in Vietnam, but that was with 55 gr. and 1/12 twist rifling.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    His family said that he wanted to go there to get some "closure" on his time during the war. To me that is just plain stupid. I can't see myself going back to Iraq to get some "closure"
    ESPECIALLY when you are in your 80's!!
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

That fought there in The Korean War!

I hope everything works out for him but it wouldn't surprise me if they put him in front of some kangaroo court and try him for war crimes.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...years-ago.html
    Now why are not 10000+ Army and Marines storming in there to rescue that guy?

That and orbit 10 or 20 B-52's over their airspace and give them a (short) deadline to nuclear annihilation.......

Cksuckers!

Fuckin "Kim Small Dong" must feel really big threatening and harassing an 85 year old Veteran......

Where the HELL is our "President" (i.e. commander in chief of the military)? Why is this guy not already rescued?

Team Gunsnet SILVER 05/2012 deth502's Avatar

if he was al quida, there would be urgent non stop negotiations for his return

Team GunsNet Bronze 07/2011 T2K's Avatar

I assume he was there on a tourist visa of some sort (Americans can visit, an American friend of mine went a couple months ago).

If some CIA guy that was involved in a failed plot to assassinate Castro went to visit Havana on a tourist visa (again, Americans can visit but there are no direct flights) and got arrested I would not be surprised. This case is not much different, this guy was in a unit that ran guerilla ops behind North Korean lines.

Let's be honest about this. The guy was foolish to go over there. I wouldn't be surprised if he never leaves N. Korea.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

After today, it's all historical.

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    Fox News just ran it also...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...