Thread: Anderson Manufacturing out of Hebron, KY

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Question Anderson Manufacturing out of Hebron, KY

Anybody heard of these guys? I went to a small local show and one dealer has a couple of stripped Anderson Mfg. AR15 lower receivers for 75 bucks each. Thinking of getting one or both of them. After all an AR lower for 75, if they are worth a shit that would be quite the bargain. I did do some preliminary searches on the web and found their web site. The description of the lowers is they are machined from 7075 T6 conditioned forgings. So that sounds to spec and OK. Thinking of taking an upper with me and dropping it on to see if the holes line up. If they do I may get a pair of these.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    I have 2 of their lowers, very well made and much nicer then my del-ton, I'd snap a few up for $75

I have no experience with them. They have received positive reviews on other forums from users. However, I would probably go this route...

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ire-lower.html
    Face your fear, accept your war.

That's a hell of a low price but .... would have to have them transferred to a local ffl and then with the fees and tax it would be a wash. Heading over to the show to pick at least one up. Might get 2 and save one for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    I have no experience with them. They have received positive reviews on other forums from users. However, I would probably go this route...

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...ire-lower.html
    Raxar, thanks for the feed back.

I hope you'll let us know your impressions once you have them in hand and built.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

Got 1, seems to be fine. I remembered the price wrong it was $79 not 75, but regardless, still a pretty good price for a stripped milled from forging lower. I built it up with my Match upper and the parts from a cast DPMS receiver. I'm thinking of taking that one and making a .22 LR rifle out of it. I have a .22 LR dedicated upper that I currently swap on an off another Stag Arms lower but now the DPMS is going to end up with that upper.

This is what I purchased, a very run of the mill looking stripped lower. 7075 T6 aluminum forging milled to finished receiver. Went together smooth and easy, no surprises. Image is borrowed from Anderson rifles web site. Their web address is www.andersonrifles.net .

I bought a couple Anderson lowers solely because they were priced so low but I've done 3 builds with them now and I think they're awesome. Cheap, well made, and I actually think they look better than the forged milspec lowers that most companies sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Got 1, seems to be fine. I remembered the price wrong it was $79 not 75, but regardless, still a pretty good price for a stripped milled from forging lower. I built it up with my Match upper and the parts from a cast DPMS receiver. I'm thinking of taking that one and making a .22 LR rifle out of it. I have a .22 LR dedicated upper that I currently swap on an off another Stag Arms lower but now the DPMS is going to end up with that upper.
    Cleaning all that .22 scum out of your lower gets old, huh? Unfortunately, my dedicated .22 upper is a SBR so I have to take the buffer/spring out of my SBR'ed lower, put the upper on, shoot and then spray the shit out of the lower to clean it before I put it back together.

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    Cleaning all that .22 scum out of your lower gets old, huh? Unfortunately, my dedicated .22 upper is a SBR so I have to take the buffer/spring out of my SBR'ed lower, put the upper on, shoot and then spray the shit out of the lower to clean it before I put it back together.
    It is amazing how dirty .22 LR is. I actually had the trigger group lock up at the range once because of debris from it.