Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picked up a Ruger .22/45 Lite.

Very cool. It has a Pac-Lite look to it.

BTW the S&W M&P22 is an Umarex product.

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Cool. One of these days. I am going to venture into suppressor land.
    Wow, I'm with Shuetzy, I cannot believe you haven't yet. They can actually be practical. Silenced ARs and .44 carbines are being used extensively for Hog hunting. And my little internally silenced 22-44 has been used to dispatch a number of nuisance critters without alerting the neighbors. I really like them a lot.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

An oldie but a goodie. My internally silenced 308 Mauser:

http://s79.photobucket.com/user/L1A1...l?sort=3&o=237
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Duce View Post
    Every time that I have money saved up....Something else gets in the way. Maybe Santa will be good to me. I like your new Ruger!
    Buy all means Santa needs to be good to you. Just make sure that if you get a .22 LR class suppressor that it comes apart for cleaning. The lead bullets and wax lube pluss powder residue really coat up the baffles fast. I soak mine after shooting for days in WD40. Then I use a Nylon bristle bore brush on a .22 rod to try and knock some of the crap loose then rinse, then blow out with high pressure air. The purchase of the AAC Pilot is an example of buying without doing research first.

Some more advise, a .30 caliber suppressor will work on a .223 rifle. So you might want to consider a .30 cal. rated (.308) can to purchase so that you can use it on anything from .30-06 to an AR15 and anything in between those examples. Flexibility to sum it up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12