Thread: The rewards I got...

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Angry The rewards I got...

from my great Vietnam war adventure. 18 months ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. This week I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The VA said I was not exposed to agent orange.....geeeeezzzzz chris3

Agent purple? Look it up.

BISHOP

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertales View Post
    from my great Vietnam war adventure. 18 months ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. This week I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The VA said I was not exposed to agent orange.....geeeeezzzzz chris3
    For those of you who served in Thailand, you don't put in for Agent Orange exposure, you put in for "herbecide exposure". Don't ask me why, that's just how you have to do it for some reason. Your service officer should know this. Also, because it was in Thailand, there is a very narrow range of veterans they will recognize as having been exposed to "herbecides". Don't ask me why on that either. There are many who would like to see you vets in Thailand treated the same as vets with "boots on the ground RVN", but you face the same battle as the "Blue Water Navy" vets.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Agent orange was used...

on the base perimeter at U Tapao. Agent orange has a half life in surface soil of 30 years. According to the VA, if you worked near or on the base perimeter, you were exposed. My work area, was the munitions loading area which was sided on three sides by the perimeter and road. The prevailing winds blew dust over the area whenever a vehicle drove down the road. I have proof that I was in the exposed area and the DAV guy agrees. Now I get to add diabetes to the claim......I don't see how the blue water navy guys can claim exposure being so far out to sea.......chris3

VA is a bunch of shit.

go off and serve/fight and get fucked up and get nothing in return but bullshit.

I should put in claims for anthrax vaccines , cocksuckers . get hot sometimes and you can go out in 10* or less in a tshirt and be fine.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Not saying the agent orange caused it or didn't. But, prostate cancer is something that the vast majority of men get according to my doctor. No chemical exposure to anything bad required, it's just a ticking time bomb for men. The choices are wait and see or get the prostate removed preemptively.

On the diabetes thing, a lot of drugs doctors push on us can cause that. My wife was on a shit pile of drugs for systemic Lupus. Finally after 15 years on them she was diagnosed with "Chemical Diabetes". At that point she decided to wean herself off the drugs. She was on 10 different kind of pills. The result was she lost 100 lbs., isn't diabetic anymore and for the most part isn't much worse off than when she was taking all those damned drugs.

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertales View Post
    on the base perimeter at U Tapao. Agent orange has a half life in surface soil of 30 years. According to the VA, if you worked near or on the base perimeter, you were exposed. My work area, was the munitions loading area which was sided on three sides by the perimeter and road. The prevailing winds blew dust over the area whenever a vehicle drove down the road. I have proof that I was in the exposed area and the DAV guy agrees. Now I get to add diabetes to the claim......I don't see how the blue water navy guys can claim exposure being so far out to sea.......chris3

I know, but in my reading what other vets say who have and do work for the VA, you guys in Thailand will lose everytime you put in a claim and it mentions "agent orange". Put in the same claim except say "exposure to herbecides", and then the VA will concider the claim. I don't know why, that's just what they all say.

The BWN guys say that they could be off coast and smell the agent orange being sprayed, so they had to be exposed. The only Navy guys who are approved are either the other BWN (Brown Water Navy), guys who docked in port and went ashore or guys who flew ashore. To the VA, it has to be "boots on the ground", even if it was just one night sleep over passing thru.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Not saying the agent orange caused it or didn't. But, prostate cancer is something that the vast majority of men get according to my doctor. No chemical exposure to anything bad required, it's just a ticking time bomb for men. The choices are wait and see or get the prostate removed preemptively.

The VA now says prostate cancer, type II diabetes and other things are "presumed agent orange related" in Viet Nam vets.
    Not that it is actually caused by agent orange, but that a slightly higher per cent of Nam vets will get things than the normal population does. With no real way to tell, they now call it a "presumptive condition" and dx it as agent orange related.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Prostate cancer is much more serious in younger men. I have been told that some 70%-80% of men ovet the age of 80 have it. No idea how true this figure is, but at that age it is a very slow moving disease and odds are that you will die of things other that prostate cancer.

I have a good friend that is getting a disability pension for "Stress induced diabetes" related to his several tours in Viet Nam. That one you should be allowed.

The vets admin are only allowed to do what our beloved politicians will spend tax money on. I know of no other civilized nation that treats thier vetrans as poorly as ours.

Roadhouse Groupee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Ranch_Hand

The herbicides used were sprayed at up to 50 times the concentration than for normal agricultural use. The most common herbicide used was Herbicide Orange, more commonly referred to as Agent Orange: a fifty-fifty mixture of two herbicides 2,4-D (2,4-dichlorophenoxyacetic acid) and 2,4,5-T (2,4,5-trichlorophenoxyacetic acid). The other most common color-coded Ranch Hand herbicides were Agent Blue (cacodylic acid) that was primarily used against food crops, and Agent White (picloram) which was often used when Agent Orange was not available.

The Agents used—known as the Rainbow Herbicides—their active ingredients, and years used were as follows:[6]

Agent Pink (60% – 40% n-butyl:isobutyl esters of 2,4,5-T) used in 1961-1965
    Agent Green (n-butyl ester of 2,4,5-T) unclear when used, but believed to be at the same time as Pink
    Agent Purple (50% n-butyl ester of 2,4-D, 30% n-butyl ester 2,4,5-T, 20% isobutyl ester of 2,4,5-T) used from 1962–1965
    Agent Blue (cacodylic acid and sodium cacodylate) used from 1962–1971 (in powder and water solution)
    Agent White (acid weight basis: 21.2% tri-isopropanolamine salts of 2,4-D and 5.7% picloram) used from 1966–1971
    Agent Orange (50% n-butyl ester of 2,4-D and 50% n-butyl ester of 2,4,5-T) used from 1965–1970

The herbicides were procured by the U.S. military from Dow Chemical Company (all but Blue), Monsanto (Orange, Purple and Pink), Hercules Inc. (Orange and Purple), Thompson-Hayward Chemical Company (Orange and Pink), Diamond Alkali/Shamrock Company (Orange, Blue, Purple and Pink), United States Rubber Company (Orange), Thompson Chemicals Corporation (Orange and Pink), Agrisect Company (Orange and Purple), Hoffman-Taft Inc. (Orange), and the Ansul Chemical Company (Blue).[7] In April 1967 USA's entire production of 2,4,5-T was confiscated by the military; additionally foreign sources where tapped into.[8]

65% of the herbicides used contained 2,4,5-trichlorophenoxyacetic acid that was contaminated with 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzodioxin,[5] a "known human carcinogen...by several different routes of exposure, including oral, dermal, and intraperitoneal".[9] About 12 million U.S. gallons (45,000 m3) of dioxin-contaminated herbicides were sprayed over Southeast Asia during American combat operations.[10]

In 2005, a New Zealand government minister was quoted and widely reported as saying that Agent Orange chemicals had been supplied from New Zealand to the United States military during the conflict. Shortly after, the same minister claimed to have been mis-quoted, although this point was less widely reported. From 1962 to 1987, 2,4,5T herbicide had been manufactured at an Ivon Watkins-Dow plant in New Plymouth.[11][12][13][14]

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Sadly, this country never seems to tire of fucking over the Vietnam vets.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Be careful with the prostate cancer. Its hurt a lot of men in my family.

I'll start having myself checked regularly in another 20 years.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    Sadly, this country never seems to tire of fucking over the Vietnam vets.
    I was never a veteran. but as a bystander and paying attention since "forever" I tend to believe your statement to be 100% true.
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Thanks guys...

you gave me a few more information leads..................From what I have found out there is no continunity between claim reviewers. It all boils down to who is reading the claim. Now, the VA has two claims for exposure. I say if they approve one, how can they disapprove the other? chris3

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Can't offer any help but I agree that our vets get screwed. I say cut off all welfare BS and put the money towards taking care of the people that earned the right to get the help. Period.

Ditto for the families of vets that gave their lives in service.

Maybe after the coming revolution, we can get this set right.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~