Thread: Realistic going price for .22?

Realistic going price for .22?

The NON raping price. I ran into a guy that I know pretty well. He was buying his son a .22 rifle for Christmas. AS you know. There is no .22 ammo anywhere. I offered to sell him some of mine. Either a 550 round pack of Remington, or a 325 round box of Federal.

I don't want to give it away....NOR do I want to gouge. What would be a fair price. (Bought the ammo long time ago, and don't have receipts.) Thanks.

for 500 rounds of CCI or Federal ( all new on shelf stuff) it's anywhere from $21-29 a box pending where you go .

Me, I'd just say $20 .

Places are just now getting their ammo orders fro the first quarter this year so we'll be swamped in 22lr before long.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Last year just before Sandy Hook the 550 Federal bulk pack was just under $18 bucks at the local Walmart. If you look on Midway's web site they are still showing prices in the 4.7 to 6.7 cents a round price range though the ammo is NOT in stock. Considering that nobody has any .22 LR if you're feeling all Christmas Spirit a 20 dollar bill for a 550 pack should be more than fair.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Last year just before Sandy Hook the 550 Federal bulk pack was just under $18 bucks at the local Walmart. If you look on Midway's web site they are still showing prices in the 4.7 to 6.7 cents a round price range though the ammo is NOT in stock. Considering that nobody has any .22 LR if you're feeling all Christmas Spirit a 20 dollar bill for a 550 pack should be more than fair.
    More than fair! Found this in stock - http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/fede...-p-135728.html

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2013 alismith's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    More than fair! Found this in stock - http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/fede...-p-135728.html

Steve
    Wow. I'll pass on that one.
    "Valar morghulis; valar dohaeris."

Commucrats are most efficient at converting sins and crimes to accidents or misunderstandings.-Oswald Bastable

Making good people helpless won't make bad people harmless.

Freedom isn't free.

"Attitude is the paintbrush that colors our world." TV Series, Haven.

My Spirit Animal has rabies.

I'd rather be an American than a Democrat.

"If you can make a man afraid, you can control him" Netflix Series, The Irregulars

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

At nearly $0.25/round that's insane. The offer Schuetzenman suggested is very fair!

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    cheapest i've found them was down here in anniston Al. 675rds for 32 bucks and that is winchester. found cci mini mags for 8.99 box of 100
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post

Sounds good. The guy has coached my son several times over the years. He said that he was going to look around locally before calling me. I told him that he won't find any local. He asked the counter guy when the best time would be to go to wall mart to find it. We both said in unison....7 am.

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Hell at this point I'd pay 40 or more bucks for .22 as there is none around here that cheap. I was at Walmart in Waverly the other day and there was a woman who had been there since 1pm (it was 4:30) and was waiting for the 6pm truck as she had dibs on two 550 rd bricks. That's how silly it is.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

There is no cheap .22lr ammo around here at all. With shipping, the best price available is .13 to .15 per round.

This a new rifle right. It'll take at least 20 rounds to settle in with a brand of ammo. If after 20 rounds the groups are terrible with one brand and much better with another brand he will be stuck with a bulk box/pack that doesn't shoot for shit.

So I would give him 50 rounds of each and see which brand he wants then sell him what he wants.

Team GunsNet Gold 03/2014

Last show I went to had ONE 350 pack @ $80.00, and I found ONE 550 pack for $120.00

I just got 1000 rounds for $70,00 and was almost crying for joy at that price.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner1558 View Post
    Last show I went to had ONE 350 pack @ $80.00, and I found ONE 550 pack for $120.00

I just got 1000 rounds for $70,00 and was almost crying for joy at that price.
    7 cents a round is not an out of line price.

If your timing is good at walmart and you get one of the 5 or so boxes they get in every week you can get a 500 box for $23 bucks.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!