Thread: SEARCHING FOR TREASURE AK47 HUNGARIAN STEEL MAGAZINES NJ COMPLIANT 15/20

SEARCHING FOR TREASURE AK47 HUNGARIAN STEEL MAGAZINES NJ COMPLIANT 15/20

SEASONS GREETINGS TO FUTURE FRIENDS

Hello,
    I am searching for some AK 47 Magazines that are NJ compliant which are 15/20.

Welcome aboard. You should be looking for the Hungarian 20 rounders.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

I checked Apex Gun Parts which is a great place to find AK stuff as well as other military style weapon stuff, but they don't show any 20 rounders. You might try Gunbroker. I have found quite a lot of usable stuff there and sometimes at very good prices.

Haven't checked Brownell's, Centerfire Systems, Classic Firearms or Copes. You might want to check them as sometimes they list mags of other than 30 capacity.

As someone who used to live on the other side of the river, Brooklyn officially, I have to say I am so glad I moved to firearm friendly Indiana where about the only restriction is what the feds shove down our thoats, and for some reason, they don't like short barreled shotguns. Otherwise, anything goes.

Not sure when the mag size restriction went into place, but the sad part of what you ask is that your current governor is the current stupid republican party golden boy for president. I sure hope not!

Anyway, try Gunbroker auctions, and in the mean time I will poke around the other parts locations to see what I can find.

Good luck and again welcome to Gunsnet!!!

Perhaps cutting and reforming a 30 round magazine down to 15 round size?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hivernant View Post
    Perhaps cutting and reforming a 30 round magazine down to 15 round size?
    Not easily done. Besides for him its a catch 22. You can't get a 30 rounder shipped to the state as they are illegal, hard to modify what you can't get in the 1st place.

Thanks for the welcome

I would not consider moving because of the weapons "restrictions" in my home state of New Jersey...to me it would be surrendering.