Thread: Anyone use the Command Arms XRS47 rail system?

Anyone use the Command Arms XRS47 rail system?

I am shopping around for a rail system to put on my AMD-65 build. I am interested in the Command Arms XRS47 system but I am not sure how good it is. Anyone have any experience with it? Please let me know any problems or caveats. Thanks.

Delivering supplies to the Alamo for round two.
    First time I've seen it, but...

It's not the "first 5 rail system" out there.
    That's a slightly deceptive claim at best.

http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/vfr-ak.htm

That's been around for quite some time now. They call it a "4 rail" but really it's basically the exact same thing when you look at it, though CA may be a bit more modular. MAKO is not 922r compliant (or at least it used to not be) either so depending on where CA is manufactured, and if you give a damn about compliance that could be a consideration.

I personally don't like either. Too flimsy looking over the receiver. Accidentally drop the rifle one time and it takes a hit just the right way and that rail just looks like it's going to permanently bend/warp because it's floating mid air over the receiver cover. The design is just asking for it to not hold up.

For that amount of money you could get a Krebs/Midwest forgrip and a TWS receiver rail and it'll be rock solid if it takes an impact.