Thread: Another 84S?

Another 84S?

Hello, me again.

I found this rifle listed as a pre-ban 84S on Armslist. Having never used Armslist, and recall reading about scams involving this site, I am a little apprehensive about it's listings. Does anything about this look "wrong"? The wood looks mismatched, to me. Then there is this statement made by imanaknut in my previous 84S thread.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    ... the 84S had a bird cage type flash hider very specific to that model.
    This rife does not have the bird cage style flash hider, yet the seller claims everything is original. He also claims to be the original owner.

PIC1

PIC2
    PIC3

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Yes, that is as original as I am from Mars.

The muzzle device is an aftermarket AK-74 style as most "factory" AK-74 brakes mounted on the front sight base. Speaking about front sight bases, where is the cleaning rod holder? Or the cleaning rod period?

The gas block is missing the bayo mount.

The pistol grip is wrong for an 84S as they generally used the smooth sided grips.

Funny that the front trunion is marked "84S" and not the more common "port caught" marked 784S-7 which per George Bush the First made the rifle less evil as the name was enough to cause the owner to become a criminal.

If I was to buy on Craig's List, I would meet face to face in a well lit parking lot and only if I was accompanied by several of my well armed friends from a local football team.

Added: That rifle most likely originally had the Bush-hole stock that matched the front handguards. Also having 4 of the 30 round mags is a big plus as they are very hard to find these days.

Thanks for the facts! (and the pics) Something didn't seem right to me, and I know almost nothing. Add to that the seller is in a big rush to complete the payment, now I know why. I did ask if he would sell the magazines alone, and haven't heard back from him. The ammo and magazines would be worth roughly $450 to me, but I have no interest in buying anything from a liar. He is asking $875 for everything in the pic. Too bad, I was hoping that I found my 84S a friend. The search goes on....

THANKS AGAIN!!

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Not a bad shooter if it still is in good shape otherwise... but this is a $$700/$800 rifle... maybe a little more with 4 mags...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

were gun laws are finally making since!!!
    kinda looks like the stock and the pistol grip come off of a wasr-10
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by silentkilla View Post
    kinda looks like the stock and the pistol grip come off of a wasr-10
    they look chinese to me but don't look like they match the handguards at all.

They are Chinese, but not Norinco. I believe I have seen some Poly Techs with that shade of brown.

i was just joking you guys... the wasr you would see a brass dial pin in the butt stock correct?
    only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you..1 jesus christ..2 the american soldier.. one died for your soul the other for your freedom ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Actually not all WASRs had laminated stocks.

and that i did not know. thanks for info nut! still learning.