Thread: New from FNH USA: FN-15 Modern Sporting Rifles

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post New from FNH USA: FN-15 Modern Sporting Rifles

After today, it's all historical.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Color me highly unimpressed. That said, they should be making a civilian legal version, it is money they are leaving on the market place table. There will be people to go buy it just because they are the US Military contractor for the M16A4.

PA, where the cold is only matched by the isolation
    yep, yawn. More over-priced cookie cutter AR's in an already saturated market.

Start cranking out more FS2000's and I may be interested, otherwise take your mall ninja bullshit and shove it.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    yep, yawn. More over-priced cookie cutter AR's in an already saturated market.

Start cranking out more FS2000's and I may be interested, otherwise take your mall ninja bullshit and shove it.
    I handled a nicely decked out FS2000 the other day - felt very well. I could see myself with one.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    I have to give credit to FNH. The fact that the market doesn't need another AR-15 is not the point. The point is that FNH makes civilian versions of their military weaponry speaks highly of them. It is not easy to get some of these past AT and unconstitutional F without major modifications. Granted the M16 to AR-15 is fairly easy, but the work they did to make the P90 become the PS-90 was more than a trigger group.

While to me an FNH AR-15 is not on my list, to someone starting into AR-15s it is a nice offering.

Now if a company with an H and a K in their initials was to do this...

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I bet this will end Palmetto Arms' use of FN barrels in their premium uppers.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vit View Post
    I handled a nicely decked out FS2000 the other day - felt very well. I could see myself with one.
    I've handled and had the chance to fire the FS2000. It is an interesting mix of features. It is very well balanced, I could easily shoot it one handed if I had to. OTOH, no last round bolt hold open so unless you count your rounds you will end up with the dread ... CLICK at some point. I like the forward eject, no hot brass flying across the range, makes it easy to get your brass back for reloading. Not digging the polymer FCG they use either. Only had the Iron sights on the one I shot, so I wasn't overly impressed with the accuracy. Just too expensive for what you get. Should be a $1000 buck rifle, not $1900+.
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 02-18-2014 at 10:50 PM.

Several years ago, I E-mailed FNH and asked why they didn't offer the AR-15.

They replied that under the terms of their military contract, they were not allowed to.

I suppose there is a new contract now, and I welcome a new, high quality AR in the market place.

More competition will eventually drive down the prices.

Theyre avail now.
    http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread....-own-AR/page20
    Saw one on glocktalk in the low $900's
    admit nothing
    deny everything
    make counter accusations