Thread: GunsNet Back online..but under construction!

GunsNet Back online..but under construction!

Ok, GN is back up, but this is a Jan 2nd database restore. Sorry folks..other server really bit it and we had no recent backup. I am now hosting this server on my network so I'll have up-to-date backups every night.

AK-47.net should be up eventually..thats another story.

Working on it..be patient.

You may experience on-off access while I adjust settings.
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

GREAT NEWS!
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    The most recently revised government version of anything supersedes all evidence to the contrary past, present or future. That's a working definition of authoritarianism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I apologize to all about having to go back to Jan 2nd backups. Wont happen again.
    -=Alex=-
    Please send me a message of ANY and ALL server / forum / site related issues that need to be addressed. This does not include personal problems with users or moderators. Dont ask me for help on posting a picture, video or whatever in a thread. Ask someone else. I'm busy.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Alex, thank you for getting Gunsnet back up!

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Alex, congrats on getting the site back up with the new servers.

Also as I have said in other places, we need a "forgot password" feature on the log in page. So glad you reloaded January 1, 2014 as I got the 180 day password change notice just before the site went down, and changed it to something that only the Lord knows, and He is not talking. Was really scary being logged in knowing that if I accidentally deleted the site cookies I could no longer get back in.

So how do I know that the password I though I changed to was wrong? Being an Admin there was a troll that I needed to ban, and to do so requires my password, which is how I found out that the PW I thought I changed to was wrong, and after 5 tries was told good bye. Lucky I did not log off the original page so I was able to stay on the site, just couldn't do my appointed Admin duties.

Again, congrats Alex, David and anyone else who got the new servers in, and up and running!

And I thought the ATF made a raid on all of us., whew???

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    Alex, congrats on getting the site back up with the new servers.

Also as I have said in other places, we need a "forgot password" feature on the log in page. So glad you reloaded January 1, 2014 as I got the 180 day password change notice just before the site went down, and changed it to something that only the Lord knows, and He is not talking. Was really scary being logged in knowing that if I accidentally deleted the site cookies I could no longer get back in.

So how do I know that the password I though I changed to was wrong? Being an Admin there was a troll that I needed to ban, and to do so requires my password, which is how I found out that the PW I thought I changed to was wrong, and after 5 tries was told good bye. Lucky I did not log off the original page so I was able to stay on the site, just couldn't do my appointed Admin duties.
    The "forgot password" is default functionality in VB. If you click on Log in and you type the password incorrectly, you can click on a link on the following page that pops up and it will help you get new password.

Again, congrats Alex, David and anyone else who got the new servers in, and up and running!
    David bought 'em...then I migrated to latest n greatest Solaris 10 and accompanying software which caused a crapload of problems. Some software wasnt compatible with the OS and a later version of that software wasnt available which left Solaris as a non-viable OS to use to my utter disappointment. So I installed CentOS Linux and migrated the entire site to that.
    -=Alex=-

Glad it's back.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization