I picked up an M70 o-pap while the forum was down. Paid $545 plus $20 for transfer, thanks to Recon's post about these rifles a few weeks ago.

For those that don't know, the Serbian "o-pap" being imported by Century is the civilian version of a "Yugo" M70, meaning it has no grenade launching parts like the sights or gas shut off, its missing the flip-up night sights, and the bayonet lug is missing. All for the children of course.

The O-pap and the N-pap differ in that the O-pap uses the 1.5mm receiver and the RPK style enlarged front trunnion. Barrels are not chrome lined, but they are standard Serbian hammer-forged AK barrels. Scope rail is weird and cause everything to sit high and far back. The only "perfect" fit is an RS mount model 310 base. Midwest industries mounts seem to be able to be made to fit by filing a channel for the upper rail of the side mount to pass through. Also it came with a single hook G2, although the gun is cut for a double hook.

I've added a US Palm brown grip and a knock-off 6-slot phantom flash suppressor I had laying around. I'll also refinish the wood and add a rear sling swivel and sling.

Here she is: