Thread: Eviction notice....

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14

Eviction notice....

I keep getting emails that say I have until March 7th to vacate my property. The reason, ignored violations. What for I have no clue. I have lived here for 23 years and the house is paid for. If they intend to throw me out, they better bring lots of ammo. This has to be spam because I don't know where this email is from. It is not on a letter head or such. Anyone else heard of this scam lately? chris3

Team GunsNet Silver 12/2011 N/A's Avatar

Texas...at the intersection of I-20 and the Korean War Veterans Memorial Higheway
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertales View Post
    I keep getting emails that say I have until March 7th to vacate my property. The reason, ignored violations. What for I have no clue. I have lived here for 23 years and the house is paid for. If they intend to throw me out, they better bring lots of ammo. This has to be spam because I don't know where this email is from. It is not on a letter head or such. Anyone else heard of this scam lately? chris3
    Nope, haven't heard that one, but as you say, it is purely a SCAM. Maybe CharlieBravo knows something going on over there.
    No enemy of America would have ever been killed if they didn't show up to be killed. HDR

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Saw on the news the other night that eviction notices, jury notices and other legal seeming things are in fact scams and have gotten really popular as the sheep become more and more afraid of the government.

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Chris, I'm betting your email is similar to what's decribed below.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/eviction-...e-emails.shtml

Steve
    After today, it's all historical.

I vote scam. Send enough letters out and you'll hook a few fish. My wife got similar phone calls a while back- they said they were a delinquent account t collector. They had a 5 year old account they claimed they wanted paid. Threatened arrests, jail etc., but they would settle for just a few hundred $$.
    Odd thing was they DID have valid info including her SSN.
    I think you may have a similar scam
    CHOOT UM!

It has to be a scam since email is not a method of legal service. In most cases legal service has to be by process server.

If it was not CERTIFIED thru the USPS mail... It is a SCAM.....
    The Guns Network | Often Imitated - Never Duplicated!
    The most recently revised government version of anything supersedes all evidence to the contrary past, present or future. That's a working definition of authoritarianism.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by N/A View Post
    Maybe CharlieBravo knows something going on over there.
    Yeah, I know what's going on. BULLSHIT is what's going on. If the house is paid off, then the only people that you could possibly be in arrears with is the Tarrant County Tax Assessor and Collectors Office. Fortunately, they're more professional than to just send an e-mail saying to GTFO. Just ignore it. Should anyone show up without official County credentials, turn them into human pinatas.

In most states, eviction notices have to be served by the sheriff or another officer of the court, "PERSONALLY AND IN PERSON."

Just like a subpoena or warrant.

Thanks guys. I started to reply " you and whose army are going to throw me out" but thought better of it......chris3

Thanks guys. I started to reply " you and whose army are going to throw me out" but thought better of it......chris3
    I wonder what would happen if you sent them a reply saying that you had vacated the property. Would someone show up and try to claim squatter's rights?
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    I wonder what would happen if you sent them a reply saying that you had vacated the property. Would someone show up and try to claim squatter's rights?
    This is a little off topic, but one time when I got one of those Nigerian emails, I replied. I kept the guy hanging on for about two weeks with emails back and forth asking for this and that to verify my transfer of cash. I finally wore the guy out and he gave up.

yea.. I got one that said I was going to be evicted from Africa.

Damn shame.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Garrett View Post
    In most states, eviction notices have to be served by the sheriff or another officer of the court, "PERSONALLY AND IN PERSON."

Just like a subpoena or warrant.
    In Texas it is the Justice of the Peace that issues the evictions for landlords and mortgage holders and they are served by the Deputy Constable's Office. They are in person and never by email. The Sheriff's Office normally handles the property tax evictions.
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    Chris, I'm betting your email is similar to what's decribed below.

http://www.hoax-slayer.com/eviction-...e-emails.shtml

Steve
    Yeah, similar but not as detailed. chris3

Yeah, similar but not as detailed. chris3
    Yeah, they always target the elderly.

I haven't gotten an eviction notice yet. I have gotten emails informing me that I have a parking violation in New York and a bill for over $500 from Pacific Gas & Electric in California.

Quote Originally Posted by Charliebravo View Post
    Yeah, they always target the elderly.
    Yep, next month I go on obummercars's death list.......chris3