Thread: ATF Imposes Unofficial One-Year Waiting Period For Suppressor Transfers

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post ATF Imposes Unofficial One-Year Waiting Period For Suppressor Transfers

After today, it's all historical.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Makes sense, a suppressor is a hearing saving device, and since saving your hearing infringes on obama-care, his buddies in the ATF don't want him to loose all those hearing related premiums.

(please don't try to make sense of that statement, it will hurt your brain)

What?!?!?!

No offense Steve....but is this legit???

This is what I have been seeing on the Net... (forums)

Good afternoon:

As you are aware, eForms has had performance issues for the past three weeks. We are diligently working with experts in the field to resolve the issues. Until we can get the issues resolved we will be implementing automated restarts of the server at 4:00 am, 9:00 am, NOON, and 3:00 pm eastern time. We have determined that the restart of the servers clears “stuck threads” on the servers and improves the overall performance of eForms. We realize that the unscheduled restarts were disrupting your workday and this will allow you to plan around the scheduled restarts.

Restarts will take approximately one hour to complete during which time eForms will not be available. Again, this is only a temporary measure until a more permanent solution is implemented.

Again, daily restarts of the eForms servers will be conducted daily at the following times until further notice:

4:00 am – 5:00 am
    9:00 am – 10:00 am
    NOON – 1:00 pm
    3:00 pm – 4:00 pm

Finally, Pay.gov has notified us that they will be upgrading their system on Saturday, February 22, 2014, from 6:00 PM to Midnight Eastern Time. Pay.gov has advised us that systems using pay.gov will experience a service outage during this period. This means that you will not be able to pay the tax for the eForms 1 and 4 during this time period. Forms can be created and saved to your draft folder until the upgrade is completed and the taxes can be paid.

Thank you for your patience as we try to improve eForms.

Sincerely,

Lenora (Lee) Alston-Williams
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    It would be so much easier just to dump the 1934 NFA and do away with the stupid paperwork and silly computer problems that were supposed to make the paper unneeded.

Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    It would be so much easier just to dump the 1934 NFA and do away with the stupid paperwork and silly computer problems that were supposed to make the paper unneeded.
    Oh, I concur.
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Partisan1983 View Post
    What?!?!?!

No offense Steve....but is this legit???

This is what I have been seeing on the Net... (forums)
    It prolly in regards to paper forms. The SBR approval I got back this month was 3 days shy of one year. However, there was a delay of a month do to the ATF filling both original copies and not mailing me my copy. (that's also a good reason to call and know what the status of your paperwork is)

I've also got 3 Form 1s in que right now that I sent in Sept 3rd. I'm thinking about doing an eform for a silencer for my open bolt semi MAC 10.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

11 months is the norm.

Some E-File's are around 99 days.

Just cant do it anymore since I hate my Gov't to the core.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Who wants to wait 1 year to enjoy your purchase! That's bullshit!