Thread: 337 days door to door

337 days door to door

Well, the stamp for my Octane 45 HD arrived today ... dropped it in the mail on 3/20/13 that makes it 337 days door to door.

That leaves just one more, a titanium 308, that IIRC, was sent in a month to 6 weeks later ... I had ordered & paid for all 3 at the same time in mid January/2013 but my dealer only had the .22 in stock and had to order the 45 & 308

The obligatory picture

Last edited by kimberkid; 02-24-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Excellent! These wait times are just getting crazy. I'm sitting on two Form 1's for silencers that took 10 months (got them back in December) and have 3 form 1s in que that I sent in Sept 3. I think I'll try to file a Form 1 efile sometime soon. I call it pre-planning my projects.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Is efile supposed to be faster?

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    Is efile supposed to be faster?
    I've heard it's around 90 days, but I'm not sure if it depends on what region you live in and if its faster there anyway.

Unless I try my hand at building my own suppressors I think I've got all the NFA stuff I want ... At least for now I feel like I'm pretty well covered with several SBR's; M-16 & a registered HK sear; 22 & 45 suppressors (308 suppressor is pending)

VERY nice!!!

How does it compare to the AAC Ti-Rant .45 can?
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

I don't have a Ti-Rant, but what I've seen on other forms they both suppress about the same and the Octane has more mounting options ... I'm a newbie to suppressors so when I went to buy them I just consulted with my dealer, told him what I was wanting to use them on and he picked them out for me.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Really nice. Is it ear safe? I understand the .45 ACP is one of the harder rounds to suppress to ear safe levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Really nice. Is it ear safe? I understand the .45 ACP is one of the harder rounds to suppress to ear safe levels.
    .45 sucks suppressed (when compared to other rounds).

In the most layman terms, the best example I have ever heard is this....

Pretend you have a full gallon milk jug, now pierce the bottom with a needle, then place your finger over the hole to prevent liquid escaping....that is an example of suppressing a 9mm.

Now let's take that same milk jug and pierce the bottom with a shot glass, now place a finger over the hole to prevent liquid escaping....that is suppressing a .45
    Here's to pussy and gunpowder. One to live for, the other to die by.....Goddamn though, I do love the smell of 'em both !!!

I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, however my thinking is about the opposite of what Partisan was saying ... I thought as long as it is subsonic it would be fine.

Ive found it really depends on ammo used. Some ammo will sound like hitting a tire with a baseball bat. Just a deep thud. Others are much louder and sharper. Even weather seems to effect it.

I use water as my medium even though you're not really supposed to in an aluminum can.
    Last edited by ready; 03-03-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Don't get me wrong. A suppressed .45 is better than a non-suppressed .45

But to get 'em to be hearing safe (lower the Db. level below the threshold of permanent damage) you have to use some kind of medium. Which is a pain in the ass IMHO

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
    I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, however my thinking is about the opposite of what Partisan was saying ... I thought as long as it is subsonic it would be fine.
    From what I read on the topic, it comes down to diameter. Bigger calibers are harder to suppress than smaller diameter calibers. But I would say that using subsonic rounds do come off quieter than ones that break the sound barrier. I can clearly hear this with my .22 LR ammo can. Subs are very easy on the ear, supersonic rounds are quieter but they aren't really "ear safe".
    Last edited by Schuetzenman; 03-07-2014 at 07:29 AM.