Thread: Kalashnikov Harbors Massive Plans For Global Market

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Kalashnikov Harbors Massive Plans For Global Market

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

So they want to avoid bankruptcy, well just ship a couple of boat loads of semi-autos and mags over here and they'll sell like hot cakes!

Since Obama won't even let in surplus M1 carbines what would be even better is if they opened a manufacturing plant stateside to make rifles and mags

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

^This. It would be very nice to have these rifles made right here in the U.S. ... from Russian tooling. Then the rifles wouldn't have to be bastardized to be compliant and we'd be able to have some more "authentic" AK's on the market!
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

I think it would cost an ass of money to invest in a cold-hammer forged barrel machine in the US.

I'm pretty sure its way more cost effective to produce ARs in the US and AKs in Russia.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    I think it would cost an ass of money to invest in a cold-hammer forged barrel machine in the US.

I'm pretty sure its way more cost effective to produce ARs in the US and AKs in Russia.
    Arent there already US sources for AK barrels? Barrel imports were halted years ago yes?

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    Arent there already US sources for AK barrels? Barrel imports were halted years ago yes?
    The surplus kits have no barrels anymore because of Klinton era executive orders to BATFE. But then again the N Pap, O Paps, Wasr 10's etc. are getting in as complete weapons.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    There are US made barrels meant to complete kits without imported barrels.

They are not cold hammer forged and chrome lined, unfortunately, so its not quite the same thing as getting an imported AK.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Kits, I really hate that word when related to rifles. They used to be real rifles. We used to have a constitution that verified our rights to buy them, but then infringements, and bans, and our second amendment became dust in the wind.

With a real constitution, and real rights, we wouldn't be talking about kits, we wouldn't be talking about semi-auto "Kalashnikovs" but we would be talking about the real deal, just as General Kalashnikov designed Avtomats. And we could help our comrads in arms stay in business.

Team Gunsnet Silver 02/14 - Moderator recon's Avatar

Buy It Cheap!
    Stack It Deep!

Original Member-July-1999!