Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunsneters, are you ready?

Moderator & Team Gunsnet Platinum 07/2011 O.S.O.K.'s Avatar

Question Gunsneters, are you ready?

Well, after keeping up on current events, educating myself on economics, currency/bond/stock/commodity markets, etc. for years now, I am still of the opinion for many reasons that we're in for an economic collapse. And I think we are getting near to the end... Everything economically is stretched to the breaking point. Watching the stock market this week and next wondering if there's going to be a correction and if so, just how big will it be? Big enough and it'll bring down the whole house of cards.

Regardless, I sure do hope that ya'll have made some preps to at least mitigate the effects on you/your family.

The basics of course, food, water, beans and bullets so to speak but also financial. Folks, for a price today of $24 an ounce, you can get something that will, in the coming economic depression be worth around $500. Silver, not gold. Gold is not a bad hedge but silver is so much better for so many reasons. It's more undervalued than gold, it trades for 1/15th the price of gold in times of economic stress (historic fact) - it's currently 1/50th the price of gold. 50% of the silver mined each year ends up in electronics and when the prices start going up, all of the major manufacturers are going to increase their silver purchases to ensure a supply, which will push the prices even higher, faster.

I won't go on, do your own research and make your own decisions but consider that investing say $10,000 in silver and putting it up now will give you over $200,000 in value in an economic crash. Tell me that wouldn't make a difference in your life...

Whatever you can afford - just multiply today's investment in silver by a factor of 20 in order to see what you'll potentially have when you really need it.
    Last edited by O.S.O.K.; 02-26-2014 at 04:34 PM.
    ~Nemo me impune lacessit~

I've been wanting to invest in silver but money is so tight it's hard for me to invest in anything.

I still have faith in our "Capitalist" system. My growth in the stock market has been the best in years. If your prediction become fact there will be small value in anything. My concern would be for my children and grand children in a helpless nation.

Here's an informative article from a Bosnia survivor.

http://sovietoutpost.revdisk.org/?p=72

I hate to day it I'm not ready. I was in better shape a couple of years back. Things have been a bit rough though and still are. My finances are not is as good of shape as I would like. Nor are they ever likely to be. At the current rate I am going I am slowly sinking. The future doesn't look bright.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    Here's an informative article from a Bosnia survivor.

http://sovietoutpost.revdisk.org/?p=72
    Which is why I like bulletcoins over all other coins.

No. I'm not ready. Not enough food, never enough ammo, no house out in the woods, I'm not ready. That said, I'm not totally unprepared, and odds are I'm far less horribly off then most people should something happen. Heck, I have a 300 mile range on Klank, (My KLR 650) traffic be damned... just not much cargo on a motorcycle, or a place to go.
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

IM staying put... come get it.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

For $44 dollars a month you can buy a junk Morgan Silver Dollar and 50 pounds of rice from Sam's club. That's cheaper than your average cell phone bill. Put the rice in a mylar bag and its good for 20 years.

Sure its a bland diet but Asia's been living on rice for a few thousand years.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Guns, ammo, powder, primers, lead, brass, casting equipment, silencers, night vision, food, water, PM's but . . .

Ya'll know about my recently diagnosed heart problem. Without meds I'll prolly be dead in a few weeks. . .

I do wish I had been able to put together that little Talipia farm though. I doubt I'll ever get that done now.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

*yawn*

More End of Times D&G?

I have a few "prepper" acquaintances who were telling me that after 9/11. I'm still waiting.

One guy has every bedroom in his house stacked up close to the ceiling with canned food, MRE's, & other crap. He tells me I'm crazy for not doing the same thing. This from a guy who is 80 lbs overweight & can't walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded.

Team GunsNet Silver 03/2014

Gut feel says it's getting closer, so it's time to do some more food shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    *yawn*

More End of Times D&G?

I have a few "prepper" acquaintances who were telling me that after 9/11. I'm still waiting.

One guy has every bedroom in his house stacked up close to the ceiling with canned food, MRE's, & other crap. He tells me I'm crazy for not doing the same thing. This from a guy who is 80 lbs overweight & can't walk up a flight of stairs without getting winded.
    Most preppers think it will be this overnight thing that will wipe out everything. That can and has happened with market crashes around the world, but it is not what I see happening in the USA right now. Instead of a crash I'm watching a slide. We are slowly sliding to a 3rd world country. I'd much rather we crash and get it over with.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Team Guns Network Silver 04/2015 mrkalashnikov's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phil125 View Post
    Most preppers think it will be this overnight thing that will wipe out everything. That can and has happened with market crashes around the world, but it is not what I see happening in the USA right now. Instead of a crash I'm watching a slide. We are slowly sliding to a 3rd world country. I'd much rather we crash and get it over with.
    I tend to agree with you about the slow "slide" thing.

8 years of Obama, soon to be followed by 8 years of Clinton Part II. If that scenario plays out we will be living in "interesting times", as the old Chinese adage goes. I'm still not building a bunker & buying 5 years worth of canned tuna yet, though.

Silver and gold depend on a stable system to have worth.

Would a housewife bake you a loaf of bread for a silver coin? No.

But for a box of tampons, maybe. For a pound of rice? Absolutely.

Would your neighbor prefer to trade 5 lbs of flour for a coin, or for a box of 9MM?

Just food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Garrett View Post
    Silver and gold depend on a stable system to have worth.

Would a housewife bake you a loaf of bread for a silver coin? No.

But for a box of tampons, maybe. For a pound of rice? Absolutely.

Would your neighbor prefer to trade 5 lbs of flour for a coin, or for a box of 9MM?

Just food for thought.
    True in the short term the barter system will be much more popular, but once things stabilize precious metals will be one of the first things to be utilized trusted to start up any economy.

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalashnikov View Post
    I tend to agree with you about the slow "slide" thing.

8 years of Obama, soon to be followed by 8 years of Clinton Part II. If that scenario plays out we will be living in "interesting times", as the old Chinese adage goes. I'm still not building a bunker & buying 5 years worth of canned tuna yet, though.
    I don't know the tuna may be radioactive after that melt down in Japan. I would probably get something else.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    I don't know the tuna may be radioactive after that melt down in Japan. I would probably get something else.
    They are easier to catch when they glow in the dark.

Added 40 lbs of rice , a much smaller quantity of beans and barley, sugar, salt, canned butter and hot sauce to my preps. Fits in a couple 5 gal buckets, (food grade for $4 at Lowes, the gamma lids cost more.) Gives me a backup supply of staple food without breaking the bank.
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    I'm at 6 months of food. 3 months of food rotation of stuff we use all the time and 3 more months of long term dry goods and freeze dried foods. Anti-biotics and medical supplies. Guns and ammo to arm a 9 man squad and some back up power.

Now if I can just get this debt payed off...
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast