Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our trolls. Harmless?

Our trolls. Harmless?

I don't care if you like Glenn Beck or not. The point is this article makes sense and is worth reading:

Could Some Internet ‘Trolls’ Actually Be Government Operatives? Beck Warns Americans to Be Wary
    Glenn Beck warned his audience Wednesday to be skeptical of the negative comments posted by unidentified individuals on the Internet — including on websites like TheBlaze.
    Yes, he said, some people just “get their kicks” by dragging others down, but some may have a more nefarious goal in mind. It is not out of the realm of possibility, he added, that some may be government operatives.
    The rest is here: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...ns-to-be-wary/

With the current criminal state of our government, who knows?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

Wink

I don't know about Kadmos, but I get my check bi-weekly from my handler at DHS.

Nah, seriously, I don't think GunsNet is big enough for the Feds to worry about yet.

But it really wouldn't surprise me if they infiltrated some of the bigger forums out there, especially the political activist ones. More than a few astute observers on DU have noticed how every time people start to seriously try to organize some sort of meaningful protest (like with the Occupy movement), various naysayers pop up and start spreading disinformation to lower morale, or just mudslinging in general, pushing contentious wedge issues that inevitably get people all riled up and at each other's throats instead of working together toward common goals. It wouldn't surprise me if they did it with the Tea Party groups as well.

The KGB/FSB have nothing on our burgeoning "intelligence" agencies. Not with all the surveillance tools available to them today.
    "That tyranny has all the vices both of democracy and oligarchy is evident. As of oligarchy so of tyranny, the end is wealth; (for by wealth only can the tyrant maintain either his guard or his luxury). Both mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of their arms." -- Aristotle, Book V, 350 B.C.E

Quote Originally Posted by LAGC View Post
    I don't know about Kadmos, but I get my check bi-weekly from my handler at DHS.
    Not me, it's an annual deposit, in gold, in a Swiss account, from the International Zionist Conspiratorial Endowment Fund...

Cases in point, one and two...

Just advancing the cause...nothing to see here...move along.
    If we refuse to rule ourselves with reason, then we shall be ruled by our passions.

He, Who Will Not Reason, Is a Bigot; He, Who Cannot, Is a Fool; and He, Who Dares Not, Is a Slave. -Sir William Drummond

There are some things I will not abide within my sight!

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald Bastable View Post
    Cases in point, one and two...
    Yep. I saw the thread title and two names came to mind, clicked on it, and the first two to respond...lo and behold.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

They don't have to be trolls. Law enforcement types can turn on a dime. No reflection on anyone here.

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Our Trolls or Are Trolls harmless?

I have to laugh that OUR trolls did show up on cue as first responders to this thread. Like moths to a flame they came.

ARE trolls harmless, no I don't think they are. I would push the ban button a lot sooner than policy here if it was my call alone.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Unless you are trying to get someone to reveal something or say something incriminating there really isn't any "trolling" required. Just join and hang out, don't even have to post.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Certainly not harmless.
    Look at how dysfunctional our country has become. Trolls like the 2 above derail any relevant debate and prevent any real solutions/conversations from taking place.
    They invoke emotions in the name of their own twisted logic. They become the squeaky wheel so much that everyone just drops the discussion out of boredom.

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

IMHO. let them say what they want.

Folks here get their panties bungled up too fast over dumb shit and take things way too seriously on every single topic.

Take a chill pill or kill yourself.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Schuetzenman View Post
    Our Trolls or Are Trolls harmless?

I have to laugh that OUR trolls did show up on cue as first responders to this thread. Like moths to a flame they came.

ARE trolls harmless, no I don't think they are. I would push the ban button a lot sooner than policy here if it was my call alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rktman View Post
    Certainly not harmless.
    Look at how dysfunctional our country has become. Trolls like the 2 above derail any relevant debate and prevent any real solutions/conversations from taking place.
    They invoke emotions in the name of their own twisted logic. They become the squeaky wheel so much that everyone just drops the discussion out of boredom.
    These two posters sum it all up perfectly. We have trolls that are allowed to disrupt discussions at will. One of which just got re-instated for crying out loud. They are harmful to the threads and are a reason for some people not participating as they would like to - it's just not worth the BS.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

LAGC, you should look into this. You would make a great professional troll.

Sadly, there are enough Americans living today that do not believe in allowing other folks to express their beliefs, that I honestly believe that if the First Amentment was put on the ballot today, the people would vote it down.

Hate speech laws are a perfect example. Even here, calling anyone who disagrees with your viewpoint a "troll" and wanting to ban them is another example.

There is no question in my mind that liberal organizations like "Democratic Undergeround" has members on gun forums. There is also no question that extreme right Neo-NAZI groups like the Birch society, and the Alex Jones followerss have folks here trying to marginalize and denigrate conservatives.

The libertarians try to marginalize everyone who isn't a liobertarian on every forum that I've participated in.

"I do not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it
    ." Voltaire

Voltaire's view was the primary basis of our First amendment. I can't speak for other veterans here, but that was one of the things I fought for.

Trolls??? how about if you disagree with another member, get off of your intellectual ass and do some research to shoot down his argument instead of trying to shoot him down! That's the way that I was always taught. I believe that is the American way.

I think some people are afraid that if they do research, and learn more about a topic, they just may find out that their long held, cherished belief on a subject is wrong. (That has happened to me from time to time.)

Ignore is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen Keller View Post
    IMHO. let them say what they want.

Folks here get their panties bungled up too fast over dumb shit and take things way too seriously on every single topi
    Take a chill pill or kill yourself.
    A rather unique way to express it, but your point is well taken.

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    Ignore is your friend.
    Not when the quote key is an option. Plus, that doesn't stop thread from being pulled off topic by trolls.

Edit to note. This is not a free speech place. This is a privately owned web site. We are here at the suffrage of the owner.
    US Constitution: Article 1 Section 8 Paragraph 4

The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization

Quote Originally Posted by L1A1Rocker View Post
    Not when the quote key is an option. Plus, that doesn't stop thread from being pulled off topic by trolls.

Edit to note. This is not a free speech place. This is a privately owned web site. We are here at the suffrage of the owner.

That is absolutely correct. And if the owner believes in free speech, then we have it, even if it pisses off a handful of anti-free speech folks.

Quote Originally Posted by TEN-32 View Post
    Yep. I saw the thread title and two names came to mind, clicked on it, and the first two to respond...lo and behold.
    I got mentioned specifically, so I posted.

I wonder what the pay is like for that job.

I'd love to get paid to troll Huff Post and DU all day.
    When some wild-eyed, eight-foot-tall maniac grabs your neck, taps the back of your favorite head up against the barroom wall, and he looks you crooked in the eye and he asks you if ya paid your dues, you just stare that big sucker right back in the eye, and you remember what ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like that: "Have ya paid your dues, Jack?" "Yessir, the check is in the mail." ----- Jack Burton 1986

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast