Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting take on shtf..

Quote Originally Posted by btcave View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene_glycol_poisoning

In the EU classification of dangerous substances it is 'harmful' (Xn) while more toxic substances are classified as 'toxic' (T) or 'very toxic' (T+). The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency generally puts substances which are lethal at more than 30 g to adults in Toxicity Class III.
    Thank you.

Also from wiki

Toxicity Class III

slightly toxic
    Signal Word: Caution, possibly followed by:

"Harmful if swallowed", "May be harmful if absorbed through the skin", "May be harmful if inhaled", or "May irritate eyes, nose, throat, and skin"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxicity_Class

Class IV is basically harmless

also from wiki

Ethylene glycol is only weakly toxic
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene_glycol

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    SHTF situation I like! With more people drinking that poison, uh, I mean life altering fluid from their radiators, it will make it easier for me to take their supplies without having to fire a shot. Yep, drink your anti-freeze and help me save my ammo!

On a hill with the view of the rest of my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by imanaknut View Post
    SHTF situation I like! With more people drinking that poison, uh, I mean life altering fluid from their radiators, it will make it easier for me to take their supplies without having to fire a shot. Yep, drink your anti-freeze and help me save my ammo!
    I watched that video a few years ago. When I saw that in the video, I thought, "Well that's about fluking stupid.."
    Trying to get on the no fly list, one post at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos View Post
    people vastly more intelligent than you drank water carried by lead pipes, ate off of lead plates, using lead utensils.

Did many suffer effects from doing so, yes, of course. Yet many achieved success and created wondrous advances that you nearly certainly never will.
    If you're going to attack someone's intelligence you might want to avoid contradicting your own argument in the process.

More evidence of heavy metal poisoning? I rest my case.

Yes really. People used to add it in wine production to give it a sweeter taste without having to age the wine. Same for Vodka and other hard liquors.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene_glycol_poisoning
    That's because the antidote for Ethylene Glycol poisoning is ethanol....
    I am the master of my fate
    I am the captain of my soul

"(The Second Amendment) isn't a law but an enumerated right, a right that we cannot allow to be corralled to make politicians and ant-gun fanatics happy." ~Old Grump

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

Sorry, I'm a well educated person from a family of scientists, doctors, chemists, etc., we aren't prone to panic and overreact simply because someone typed "lead" in a red font.

Generations and generations of people vastly more intelligent than you drank water carried by lead pipes, ate off of lead plates, using lead utensils.

Did many suffer effects from doing so, yes, of course. Yet many achieved success and created wondrous advances that you nearly certainly never will.
    Um, while astride that high horse of yours, dick, I suggest you drink a 6 oz glass of antifreeze with breakfast each morning.

As is often the case, you're wrong, and now won't walk it back, because that's against the troll code.

I'm sure one of the admins will come along and attempt to save you, but you still look like a fool in the thread. I can't figure why you do this.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson View Post
    Is antifreeze safe to drink? (paraphrased)

I apologize, I see where I was mistaken

When I said..

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmos
    In reality antifreeze isn't all that toxic, but overdo it and yeah, it'll kill you.
    I forgot to take into account the fact that some people on here might be complete morons and take that to mean "It's safe to drink anti-freeze".

Obviously, there are a few of you for whom I should not have given that much credit.

"Mildly-toxic" things are best not to be ingested.

"Not all that toxic" does not actually mean the same as "safe to drink".

Once again, I apologize for assuming that everyone on this board had more intelligence than a 4 year old child or a dog.

That was totally my mistake.

Just to make it once again, perfectly clear

Do not drink Anti-freeze

Dude, everyone else knew not to drink the stuff, you were the one voicing doubt.

A coffee cup full will roach your kidneys and wreek havoc with your liver. Small amounts can do big damage.

Now you can return to talking out of both sides of your mishapened head.
    Returns June 3rd.

Are you sure I shouldn't drink anti-freeze? (paraphrased)
    As I said, I apologize for any confusion regarding the drinking of anti-freeze.

Again, my statement that it was only weakly toxic should not be taken as a reason to attempt ingestion.

To me when someone says something "isn't all that toxic", I still understand that to mean that the substance in question is in fact toxic.

Many have said to me that I have a tendency to overestimate the intelligence of others. I have always maintained that it is impolite not to assume reasonable intelligence of all whom I meet.

However, now I see that by estimating people's, some people's that is to say, intelligence higher than it may actually be, I may be inviting injury or even disaster.

It deeply saddens me that I have potentially injured you in this manner, I shall attempt not to make that mistake in the future.

Thankfully, you remain capable of posting, which I trust means you have not ingested anti-freeze in sufficient quantity to kill yourself, or better still ingested none at all, in which case I would advise you to read the label of any substance you are about to drink, as you may find it an aid in your decisions.

If of course I am too late and you have already drunk it, I suggest seeking medical attention as soon as possible.

As I said, I apologize for any confusion regarding the drinking of anti-freeze.

Again, my statement that it was only weakly toxic should not be taken as a reason to attempt ingestion.

To me when someone says something "isn't all that toxic", I still understand that to mean that the substance in question is in fact toxic.

Many have said to me that I have a tendency to overestimate the intelligence of others. I have always maintained that it is impolite not to assume reasonable intelligence of all whom I meet.

However, now I see that by estimating people's, some people's that is to say, intelligence higher than it may actually be, I may be inviting injury or even disaster.

It deeply saddens me that I have potentially injured you in this manner, I shall attempt not to make that mistake in the future.

Thankfully, you remain capable of posting, which I trust means you have not ingested anti-freeze in sufficient quantity to kill yourself, or better still ingested none at all, in which case I would advise you to read the label of any substance you are about to drink, as you may find it an aid in your decisions.

If of course I am too late and you have already drunk it, I suggest seeking medical attention as soon as possible.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    This is a little bit of the loony left getting involved. They got to get the propaganda in there.
    The bed wetters will be the first to go in shtf, either by their own hands or someone elses.

Gunsnet Contributor 02/14 miketx's Avatar

. I can't figure why you do this.
    Uhmmm, it's the anti-freeze.
    "The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it" - George Bernard Shaw

Fer fucks sakes DONT DRINK THE KOOLAID

You guys want a solid depiction of SHTF. Read "The Road".
    "Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."
    -Nietzsche

"Accept the challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory."
    -George S. Patton

Guns Network Contributor 01/2015 Altarboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    True, or watch Threads.

Quote Originally Posted by gpwasr10 View Post
    Anything by Cormac McCarthy is worth reading.
    Returns June 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by miketx View Post
    Uhmmm, it's the anti-freeze.

Something has to explain it.
    Returns June 3rd.

If this is your potable water source then some "S." has seriously "H.T.F.".

The only way it makes sense to drink from a radiator is if your intent is to commit suicide.

Hell of a fucked up way to go tho.
    Returns June 3rd.

was_peacemaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo GED View Post
    If this is your potable water source then some "S." has seriously "H.T.F.".

Umm...yeah. I will be dredging out my granny's old well before I drink that!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast