Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still In Stock!

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alismith View Post
    The only thing I can say is they are the only ones around that have any to sell. I used to be able to get it at WallyWorld but I haven't seen any around here for the past 3 weeks.
    SGammo.com has 7.62x39 for around .26-.28 after shipping.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Team GunsNet Silver 07/2012 NewbieAKguy's Avatar

"The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time; the hand of force may destroy, but cannot disjoin them. ... Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God? That they are not to be violated but with His wrath? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just: that his justice cannot sleep for ever."--Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Aggressive Perfector's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPertwee View Post
    Thats because you never paid $.08-.10 per round.
    Remember, I'm not an old fuck.
    "Never take pity on a blind man. He may not be able to see, but he saves a fortune by getting the butt ugly hookers".

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    180 rounds they call a "range pack"?

I used to blow through close to a CASE of every caliber I took to the range. On a good Saturday, I could piss away a case of X39, .223 and 9mm or .45ACP... all in one day... with a group of 4 or 5 guys.

When we were done, all the guns were HOT and DIRTY.

Now they sit in the safe, cold and dusty.
    And back in those times I use to warn people to not waste their ammo as someday the supply chain would suck. I also warned folks on Gunsnet in early 2005 that the price of ammo from Europe was going to jump hugely and was called everything from liar to idot. By mid year 7.62x39 was jumping to $125 a case and everyone was screaming bloody murder, calling the wholesale houses and dealers scum, thieves and pirates. Then it shot to $200 a case and folks said, I'll NEVER pay that!

Who wouldn't mind paying $200 for a 1,000 round case right now?

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive Perfector View Post
    Remember, I'm not an old fuck.
    I'm actually not much older than you.

The ammo crunch didn't hit until 2005, so really you just barely missed the good prices.

I remember working as a dishwasher in high school. I made $50 bucks to come in on a weekend night and wash dishes for 4 hours. I usually made $100 a week during school weeks, so I would by a $50 half-case of 7.62x39 to entertain myself and my freinds for the weekend.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12