Thread: Gun show today

Gun show today

Not too big a crowd at the show but parking was scarce due to the "What Women Want" show next door. Picked-up a case of Wolf 7.62 X 39 FMJ, 5K of primers, a couple of jeans belts, a necktie with revolutionary war era as well as current flags on it, two ammo cans and a Chikom shoulder bag pouch for the drum.

Wolf 7.62 X 39 FMJ was 190 per 1000 (203 OTD). One guy had reload 9MM FMJ 115's at $139.00 per 1000 including a .50 cal ammo can. Primers were at $21.95 per/1000 for WSP, WSR & WLP. Wolf and Tulammo primers in the same sizes were $19.95. Gun prices seem to have come down 15 to 20% from a couple of shows ago on many used guns except for handguns, AK's, AR's & SKS's. Didn't see many AK's or SKS's and not a single PSL. There were too many fluff vendors compared to gun stuff. Gun sellers might be holding back for a better market for their goods and aren't showing like the first two times after B.O. day.

I wouldn't be surprised if, after the election, there will be another stampede on these things no matter who wins: If the R's take over and win big, the D's will pass everything while they can and it will start a panic. If the D's stay in control, they will believe Zero can do no wrong and they'll go for broke passing everything anyway and starting a panic.

I've heard speculation that Zero may pull a Klinton and ban Russian ammo like was done in the 90's with the Chikoms. Another reason prices may escalate if that goes through.
    Last edited by sisyphus; 09-25-2010 at 01:37 PM.

At the last show I went to prices were way down, and people were buying. Both are good signs IMO. I think at this point we have little to fear in regard to gun control.

There is a show in Spokane this weekend. I'm tempted to go, got some disposable $$$, just have lots to do in and around the house.

I hate having to choose between the right thing and the fun thing to do.

I went to the show. I bought quite a few books. Some ammo not a whole lot. I did see a few PSL, not many though. The only gun that was tempting was a canadian high power for 650 that looked to be in good shape with the exception of some wear on the finish at the muzzle. I don't know a whole lot about high powers though I would like a canadian one so I passed.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

I went too. The parking is easier with the Harley than the truck, so I ride the bike if the weather is nice enough. I hate fighting all the fat chicks for parking spots.

I picked up a few misc accessories, and my son got some big plastic army men. My biggest score was a LMT handguard height front sight for my AR at $40. Of course I picked up a few loaves of real bread. Tonight we'll be having Reubens on Jewish Rye. Tomorrow morning we'll have orange cranberry bread for the toast.

I usally go first thing in the morrning that way I don't have to worry about parking. Getting you though can be interisting though with all the cars roaming the parking lot just waiting for a spot. That isn't usally the bad part though it is the poeple that park in sports that aren't parking spots that cause bottle necks.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
    I did see a few PSL, not many though.
    You either have better eyes than me or I was distracted while walking along B.S.ing with somebody you and I know from ZC. I was only looking for one for measurements so I could find a decent case for mine anyway.

I saw one walking into the show with one while I was leaving, and I also saw one on a table about in the middle of the show.
    Doobie Doobie Doo..