Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MI man "invents" new way to protect childrern....

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    Well tell you what...... dig up statistics for me and I'll graph them. We'll see who's right. (and I promise not to doctor the data)
    It would probably take me months to get anything close to accurate data.

But just to make the point to some degree...

click here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

then click on the year tab to sort by year

Remember, these are just the "high profile" cases, but more or less it's every year since the 1880's

Sometimes 2 or 3 a year of "high profile", and of course the occasional gap of a year or three (not that these types didn't happen, but one less victim and it's just not as newsworthy)

One thing to note on the early ones, consider how easy it would be to completely hide the fact that a murder occurred at all. "The family moved", "died of sickness", "died by accidental fire", "drowned boating".

Very little scientific criminology in those days, especially in rural areas. Likely no autopsies to check for things like smoke or water in lungs even.

Quote Originally Posted by Krupski View Post
    I mean... as an example... if a brand of new car started having problems where the paint peels off down to the bare metal the first time it rained, would the car company start selling repaint kits to customers, or would they try to find the problem on the assembly line paint shop?
    Hmm - that sounds like what both Toyota and GM have been doing with their "mechanical defects".
    “I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted. The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

I’m late, I got lazy. Today I was surfing BARFcom when I saw this link. Remembering that I still had to get at least some kind of link for Krupski on this, this thread has been brought back from the dead.
    http://www.businessweek.com/articles...r-blunt-points
    This info started to get around last year when the anti-freedom people began to spout off about the ever rising epidemic of gun violence. It was complemented by their half assed, incomplete, out of context charts/graphs. Gun rights people looked into it and came to the conclusion that the opposition was bunch of jive turkeys. This JAF guy in the article I think was even one of the sources sited back then.

You know, for an article that bares the name of such a fool, it is not that bad of a piece.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123