Thread: Defining the 2nd Amendment - Springfield, IL

Team GunsNet Gold 07/2012 / Super Moderator Gunreference1's Avatar

Post Defining the 2nd Amendment - Springfield, IL

After today, it's all historical.

The powers that be in this state are fuming over the new concealed carry law and other rulings. Its pretty amusing to watch.
    Face your fear, accept your war.

I would like to read the whole paper
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gunreference1 View Post
    Liars one and all.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

"This amendment states that people have the right to CERTAIN WEAPONS, providing that they REGISTER them and have not been to prison."

If this was a book really concerned with teaching instead of indoctrinating, the actual amendments would be listed and then this interpretation and the students could then discuss whether the interpretation makes sense or not. To leave out the actual wording of the amendment shows that knowledge, logical thinking and reasoning are not even close the what is of concern here. I would like to see what they say about the rest of the amendments.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

I thought the "Shall not be infringed part" kinda closed the door on being open to interpretation.

Team Gunsnet Platinum 06/2016 ltorlo64's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NAPOTS View Post
    I thought the "Shall not be infringed part" kinda closed the door on being open to interpretation.
    Apparently if you go to law school everything becomes open to interpretation. Or if you are taught what something says without allowing for the actual words to be read. Or if you want to take away the liberty and security of the electorate so they have to rely on you. I could go on, but you get the idea. People who want power over us will always find a way to make something open to interpretation.
    "Nothing ever gets so bad that government "help" can't make it worse." Pat Garrett, March 22, 2014

"HATE IS GOOD, WHEN ITS DIRECTED AT EVIL." PROBASCO, April 20, 2012

I tried to push the envelope, but found that it was stationery.

Have you heard about the new corduroy pillows? They're making head lines!

NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by ltorlo64 View Post
    Apparently if you go to law school everything becomes open to interpretation. Or if you are taught what something says without allowing for the actual words to be read. Or if you want to take away the liberty and security of the electorate so they have to rely on you. I could go on, but you get the idea. People who want power over us will always find a way to make something open to interpretation.
    You hit a point I've been trying to make for a long time. Dependence leads to obedience. If you depend on the government for your health care, housing subsidy, ebt card, safety, education etc, than you cannot afford to question it. All it takes is a threat to take away what you have come to depend on.