Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remington 1911R1 Carry

Quote Originally Posted by ready View Post
    I feel like the FLGR was the answer to a question nobody asked. I bought some 1911 building dvds and did alot of research a few years ago and never found a convincing reason to use one.
    There are a number of additions to the 1911 that I love though, Better Sights, extended thumb safety, lowered and flared ejection port, beavertail grip safety, front strap checkering, better trigger, mag well, etc.

I have no use for front cocking serrations however. I got stuck with them on my two current 1911's because they are the in vogue thing to have apparently.

I agree completely. You can press check your weapon without front serrations. Ive even seen companies now offerring to serrate the entire slide.

Another thing I hate is this novak ramped sight BS. Makes wounded man drills a little harder and serves no discernable advantages. I usually switch them out for something with a ledge.

Team GunsNet Silver 04/2014 El Jefe's Avatar

http://www.colt.com/Catalog/ColtPist...Gun%C2%AE.aspx

Steve, I've got the Colt "Rail Gun" in stainless. I only paid $950 for it new here at a local mom and pop gun store.

Its bullet proof!
    Returns June 3rd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12