Thread: Howdy to all

Howdy to all

As a newbie on this forum and new to the AK 47.
    I did some reading here and found some great information.
    After following some of the advice presented here I cleaned my GP WASR 10/63 that I purchased at a local gun show here in Central Oklahoma for $604. out the door.
    It came with 2-30 round mags and a bayonet. It was listed at $550. but the state takes its due. After cleaning it I put 30 rounds through it in my backyard at about 50 paces approximately 125 ft.
    My grouping was low and to the left using the p setting on the open sights. Upon looking at the front sights it was slightly to the left of center.
    I corrected this using a rubber mallet and a wooden dowl. I moved the rear sight up one notch to the 1 and fired another 30 rounds destroying the red dot on the target.
    I found 762x39 Tula Ammo at our local Academy for $5.19 a box of 20, no limit as to how much you can buy. Wally World sells it at $5.49 a box of 20 and local gun stores are asking anywhere from $7. to $8. a box of 20. Being retired and pushing 70 yrs old, I can only purchase 5 to 10 boxes a month with the Academy store my choice.
    I found my WASR to be manageable to fire and easy to maintain. Thanks to all for the information I recieved reading through this forum.
    George R.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Welcome to the group !!!

Glad to read you got one very nice WASR. There are many good ones, but due to their pedigree they don't get much respect. Doesn't matter, they still are an AKM variant and most are really nice.

Contributor 02/2014 FunkyPertwee's Avatar

Congrats on the new rifle, and welcome to the forum.
    "I'm fucking furious, I'm violently angry, and I like it. If you don't know what that feels like then I feel bad for you"

Welcome sir and I am happy as hell you can walk 50 paces behind your house and fire a few rounds.
    I need one of those yards!!! Enjoy
    While no one ever listens to me,
    I am constantly being told to be quiet.

In a world of snowflakes,
    be the heat..

Forum Administrator Schuetzenman's Avatar

Welcome to Gunsnet.net. Sounds like you got a good one, congrats.

Tula Ammo at our local Academy for $5.19 a box of 20, no limit as to how much you can buy. Wally World sells it at $5.49 a box of 20
    wow.. It's at minimum $7 a box here.
    PRAISE KEK
    FATHER OF CHAOS
    BRINGER OF DAY
    IN THY WEBBED HANDS WE PLACE OUR FAITH
    SHADILAY, SHADILAY!

Guns Network Contributor 04/2013 El Laton Caliente's Avatar

George, welcome to the group! Seeing you shop I assume you are in the south Central USA, Texan I might guess. Enjoy the new rifle. My second AK was a SAR1, another Romanian...
    We found out what "dealing" with progressive lefties is all about. Our side gives up something, they give up nothing and the progressives come back in a month or a year and want us to give up more... rinse and repeat...

Actually I'm a nothern neighbor of Texas, The land of the redman, Tornado Alley, What used to b e called the indian territory.
    Good old Oklahoma.