Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a shooting is reported

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Garrett View Post
    I remember after Major Nidal Hassan went "Jihadi" an Israeli official was interviewed by Fox. He asked: "Wasn't this an army base? Why didn't all of the soldiers have guns?"
    We trust our soldiers with everything from handguns to tanks and cannons to rockets to nuclear weapons, yet on base they are not allowed to carry their own sidearms?

The Fort Hood victims... just another in the growing list of victims of "gun free zones".

It's bad enough to subject our (adult) soldiers to this insanity, but to place our CHILDREN in a situation where a nutjob shooter is GUARANTEED by law to meet no resistance is beyond criminal.

The politicians who proposed and voted for "gun free zone" laws are the true murderers. Question is, why are THEY not in prison?
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

From here: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...as-been-broken

Quote Originally Posted by Zero, CIC
    They [our soldiers] serve with valor, they serve with distinction and when they're at their home base, they need to feel safe," Obama said. "We don't yet know what happened tonight, but obviously that sense of safety has been broken once again.
    "We don't yet know what happened tonight"??? We know. Yet another shooting occured at a place where the shooter knew HE would be safe.

"FEEL safe"??? Bullshit. They need to BE safe. And that means allowing themselves to defend themselves.

And the same goes for schools and private citizens.

I "feel safe" when I feel the weight of my .45 in the holster.
    Gentlemen may prefer Blondes, but Real Men prefer Redheads!

It is amazing to me that citizens continue to Volunteer for Military duty? The "Liberals" are abusing the American Military with social engineering experiments.

Indiana, a state that is trying to remain free.
    Another case where a good guy with a gun stopping a bad guy with a gun, in a gun free zone after the bad guy ruins many lives.

By the way, per reports I have heard on broadcast news, the shooter was from Puerto Rico.

Site Admin & **Team Gunsnet Silver 12/2012** Richard Simmons's Avatar

Shooter enlisted in the Puerto Rican National Guard. Served a tour in Egypt at some point and then went to Iraq for the last four months that we had troops there. No reported injuries while in Iraq or enemy contact, exposure to IED, nothing to indicate a PTSD experience.

It's funny but years ago mass shootings were a lot less common. In the military I was only armed while on duty but for the most part all service members on the bases I entered were unarmed and we had no shootings like this. The case isn't because service members are unarmed. What ever is causing these events in the civilian world is just carrying over to the military sector. That's not to say allowing everyone in the military to be armed while on duty wouldn't have potentially lessened the body count at the last Ft. Hood shooting or this Ft. Hood shooting. I say lessen because unless you beat the wacko to the draw someone is going to get shot but as we've seen in the civilian sector a good guy with a gun can make a difference in how many get shot.

The flip side to arming everyone in the military is that unless you clear the ranks of the unfit you're really just making access to weapons that much easier. Still that might be the best way to go.
    Gunsnet member since 1999
    USN 1978-86
    BCCI Life Member #2068

•" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " George Orwell

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12